My new Ride

lookin good , what do ya need two ferraris for when you can have a cadilac and a ferrari , sounds like a smart move ,nice bike and the best of both worlds !  good luck! could always get a side car ? but i dont know anybody brave enough to ride in one of those ,my uncle has a honda scooter w/a side car went for a quick ride 1 time , 1 time!
biggrin.gif
Think I'll leave the side car for the clowns at the circus. They always seemed a bit scary to me (the side car that is). You are a braver soul than I to have hopped in one!

Cool!  
Screw anyone who gives you gripe for riding that H-D.  It's a perfect machine for you (and the family).  The white looks like a Shriner bike.  
smile.gif
It actually IS a Shriner Bike. Good eye!! Looks as though I'm not the only Harley / Busa fan on the Org ;) Gonna get the emblem back on it when I join after the first of the year.

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133357620 -->

You are obviously a very happy man.  Good for you.  Best wishes with the new ride.....  

So what are you planning for mods?   Are we going NOS, Turbo, what ? Cmon'.....
biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I was thinking of going with the 103 stroker kit but decided to leave her stock. I poured thousands into the softail i just sold and even though it would go sideways through the intersection, by comparison it was still slow. When i want to go fast I'll hop on the Busa. The only bad part about riding the Busa is no matter what else you throw your leg over...it's slow by comparison ;)
ok ok...well at least an Air shifter...... Cmon' Man!

You are obviously a very happy man.  Good for you.  Best wishes with the new ride.....  

biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I was thinking of going with the 103 stroker kit but decided to leave her stock. I poured thousands into the softail i just sold and even though it would go sideways through the intersection, by comparison it was still slow. When i want to go fast I'll hop on the Busa. The only bad part about riding the Busa is no matter what else you throw your leg over...it's slow by comparison ;)
ok ok...well at least an Air shifter......  Cmon'  Man!
How about a K&N Stage 1 kit some Kerker Pipes and a Power Commander ?!?

Sweeeet! It even matches the car.
smile.gif

With all that luggage space you can plan some serious weekend trips.

Regarding Jr. riding behind you. I had an '85 FLHT that I installed that same backrest on. my son had a bad habit of going to sleep while we rode. I could lean back a little farther than normal and hem him in between the armrests. He couldn't fall out. Heck, he's 5'7" and 208 pounds now at 13. He doesn't ride behind me much anymore.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif
ok ok...well at least an Air shifter......  Cmon'  Man!
How about a K&N Stage 1 kit some Kerker Pipes and a Power Commander ?!?
Deal! ...... Congrats again..to both, you and your lovely lady! Be safe.

Regarding Jr. riding behind you.  I had an '85 FLHT that I installed that same backrest on.  my son had a bad habit of going to sleep while we rode.  I could lean back a little farther than normal and hem him in between the armrests.  He couldn't fall out.  Heck, he's 5'7" and 208 pounds now at 13. He doesn't ride behind me much anymore.  
laugh.gif
I have a drivers backrest for it. I'm thinking that will help eliminate any possibilities of slipping thru the cracks. I'm also going to come up with some side straps to guarantee it.
Pretty soon your boy will be riding next to ya!

thx. You may see it one day. My sister lives outside Austin and her husbands family lives in San Antonio. I'm sure i'll be taking a weekend trip or two to that neck of the woods.
hmmm wonder if the Dresser could tow the Busa... Could take it to JohnnyCheese for a "Tune Up"
idea.gif
he and my sister live in the same town!

Nice new ride
cool.gif

Welcome to the "Road Sofa" world
wink.gif
(see my sig)

One accessory you should seriously consider is some adjustable passenger footpegs.  Due to your wife's height, I can almost gaurantee that the back of her legs are hitting the saddlebag crash gaurds.  This will get uncomfortable on a long trip.  My wife is 5'7" and even her's hit the bars.

I got a pair of the Kuryakan pegs, and the wife loves them.  They're like highway pegs for the passenger.  They clamp over the mounting arm of the rear floorboards, and allow the rider to choose which one they use.  Mine do not have the ratchet stops like the new ones, but this has it's advantage.  When she gets off the bike and I'm going to back it up...I can swing the pegs back, and fold the floorboards up, to prevent my legs from hitting them as I move the bike.  It's still doable with them in place, but easier with them retracted back to the saddlebag.

Here's a couple of links for ya:

I'm not sure about the "extended left side mount p/n: 202-091" shown in red.  I think this allows for clearance between the ratchet mechanism and the left side header pipe.

JP Cycles is a pretty reputable place to order from, and Kuryakan makes a very high quality product.

Enjoy the ride
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133360154 -->

cool.gif

Back