I had great weekend :-)

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
I had a great weekend.

My lady (Tasha) and son (Donald, Jr.) were in Cameron, North Carolina. So, I decided to ride my Busa (AKA Chloe`) down there on Friday. I returned on Sunday. The total trip was 765 miles. This was my first major long distance ride since Tasha was pregnant with Donald, Jr. over 3 years ago. I was really excited to put Chloe` on the open road. I wanted to see how she was going to perform, handle, etc.

Chloe' seemed like she wanted to run 95 to 100 MPH all day long. She averaged 39.4 MPG. I only paid ~$22 for gas to Cameron. I really expected a lower MPG since my average speed was ~95 MPH.

On 95 South, I hit it a couple times and got her up to 145 MPH before I backed off. Chloe` is a 2004 LE; however, she runs so smooth and effortlessly. And although she has 29,547 miles, she runs just like new. I was so impressed with her that when I returned home, I popped a small wheelie to cap-off a 765 mile trip :-)

I guess the saying is true...some things get better with age or in this case with miles.

Take care,
Donald

Donald, glad your trip went safe and Chloe' never let ya down!

Wish my truck got 39.4 mpg :whistle:

Yeah...I have an 2006 Ford 150. It gets around 16 MPG and takes about $55 to fill up. The problem is that everything is 17 miles away :-)

Needless to say...I ride Chloe` as much as possible.

Back