Great weekend at Maxton

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I just left the Mexican restaurant and had a Jumbo Marg 2 killya somethingkanfigure so hope I don't start speaking Spanish~!~

The weekend went great. The rain held out, called for 40-60% but had not enough to even get the ground wet all weekend. I think I personally made about 12-14 passes. Wonderful weekend and had a blast~!~

I ran into a 195mph road block. I ran 199.2 a couple meets ago and for some reason could not get over 195 on my bike. It may be the temp, humidity, etc...I blamed it on my tuck all day Saturday but looked at videos and worked on the tuck and that didn't help.

Ken (Commuta Busa) zipped up my vents in my jacket for me and Kevin (TOFAS2C) taped up my flapping elbows and I gained two mph, LoL...might have helped some. I knew my loose elbows were holding a wind dam but the vents proved themselves once they ripped open again, we taped the zippers shut and they ripped open even under gorilla tape. That tells ue they were catching some wind.

I still could not hit the 200 mark on my own bike, and would not accept the class A license only hitting 199.2

Kevin asked me, do you want to get your class A...I said no, not on another bike...I went up the road, turned around and said hell yes~!~

I made my final two passes on his bike and cleared the 200 mph mark to get my class A 200+ license.

This is the one time (and only time) I will say black is the fastest :laugh:
Tomorrow...orange and black is fastest again~!~

I wish I had taken some extra cam mounts to get more video of Commuta Busa. I promise to try to pack them next time. Ken's bike is so modified that the suction cup had no where to stick too.

I believe Ken is taking home a Super Street Bike mag jacket for winning his class in the shoot out at 213 mph.

Kevin came close to his class with under 1 mph difference and running 205 mph.

I ended the weekend clearing 200 mph. Tom with Purpose Driven Racing broke his 100th record running an even 100 mph on a 250 (hope I have that information correct). Needless to say we all had fun~!~

Here's some vid of me on ol orange and black

here's Commuta then a Ford GT then Kevin on ol Black

Last edited by a moderator:
We did have a blast for what was to be a rained out weekend. I had the gremlins hit my bike all weekend but still had a bunch of runs. The weekend was a learning experance with the NO2. Like Mark said I came .3 mph away from getting a jacket but not this time. Black was the fastest for this weekend Mark. Im so happy you got to 200. Im glad I could help my best friend hit one of his goals. :beerchug: Cant wait for us to do it again.

Thanks to Kevin's help, I hit my weekend goal...sorry orange and black...black is now considered the fastest~!~ for now, sssshhhhhhh

Thank you Kevin

You are most welcome. You know I would do that for you anytime. So what is your next goal. Oh yeah orange and black 200. We will get it there one way or another.
:beerchug::cheerleader:

You are most welcome. You know I would do that for you anytime. So what is your next goal. Oh yeah orange and black 200. We will get it there one way or another.
:beerchug::cheerleader:

LoL, yeah I know it~!~

Post some pics up...I didn't have a lot of stills on my camera.

100_0169.jpg

Hope to see more people from the org there in Oct. Nice meeting people we get to know on here.

I have a feeling Greg will make the trip next time~!~

It was great to see and meet some fellow board members at the event. :beerchug: I feel like a real azz about meeting Mark. I've talked, meet, and even borrowed a sprocket from Mark a few years ago at a previos Maxton event. I never knew he was the "outlaw" :thumbsup:

I'm really sold on those GoPro cameras. I think my wife might look at getting me one for next season. You can see in your video how your leathers around your arms and back flap around. :banghead: Next time before the event throw some stitches below the zipper and through the ziper arm on your back vents so that they can't roll open or flap around during the event. It was also nice to see his wife, baby, and even the lil fur ball supporting him in his efforts to go fast. It's great to be able to share racing moments not only with your fellow racers but also with your family. :thumbsup:

It was great to meet tofas2c - Kevin as well. You were so darn close to getting the jacket in the nitrous class. I wish there could have been more done to improve your chances. I know how frustrating it can be to hit that wall and just not be able to make any progress. Just keep having fun doing it. :thumbsup: I'll PM you all that information we talked about. It's up to you what plan to take. :beerchug: I wish I could have been more help to you. In the least, get a gauge and borrow Mark's gopro camera to record a pass and see what your pressure is doing during a pass. I'm sure the extra bottle helped a little and at least you could see the before/after pass pressure but the during a run pressure is critical. It's tough to make any suggestions/changes without knowing what the system is doing. :banghead:

Some of my buddies are trying to convince me to go again next month but I'm not budgeted for it. I've got to replace my throttle housing and do some more work on the bike so I haven't determined yet what I'll do. In the worst case I'll see you guys again next season. :thumbsup:

When we left on Saturday we were going to say goodbye to you guys but I didn't see you guys and there wasn't anyone at your mobile chateau.

I knew the sleeves of my jacket were going to be a problem and had my wife pick up two self adhesive ACE bandages before the meet. I wrapped up the entire sleeve so it looked like both my arms were broke going down the track, LoL

I couldn't believe the vents actually ripped back open even after being taped shut~!~

This probably helped quite a bit, but was so tight I couldn't slide out of my jacket and I did not put them back on. Think I am just going to have to get some tighter leather, maybe next year.

It was very good hanging out with you Ken~!~
When we see you again your wife is more than welcome to come hang out with mine. We meant to tell her that the other day but guess we stayed pretty distracted.

I have to think about telling my wife this. :laugh: She might like the a/c to much and not want to hang in the pits and get my time slips for me. :laugh: We'll definitely be looking for you next time we're there. :beerchug: We had big Sid next to us and shared our tents and anything else with him during the event. I had to warn him at the start that I was keeping my eyes on him while he's hanging around my wife. :laugh:

It was very good hanging out with you Ken~!~
When we see you again your wife is more than welcome to come hang out with mine. We meant to tell her that the other day but guess we stayed pretty distracted.

Sorry, I know this is off subject but it was really great to chat with a legend like him. We talked about so many things. My bike, his bike, my experiences, some of his, we talked about engines, and so many other things. It was just great! I could have spent the whole weekend just shooting the breeze with him if there wasn't a race event going on.

For anyone who's interested here's a link to Big Sid's site.
Big Sid's Vincati - Motorcycle Entertainment

Sid and his son (Mathew) had the Vincati at the event and had Aaron Frank jockey it. The bike went over 105mph but was being held back by the carb. We talked about how a bigger orifice would have been a benefit and Sid mentioned that he did have one but could kick himself for leaving it home. What a great guy. I was really honored to meet him. :bowdown:

That had to have been some great conversation. I like the old wheelie shot in his video.

Don't know if I can get this to work or not, haven't tried posting other than on You Tube.
Gonna try all three and see if one of them work~!~

edit::doesn't look like any of the video posts from Leno's sight worked so I edited them out.

If anyone can give me a heads up on how to post an embed url other than from you tube, I'll try it again~!~

Last edited:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f105123ad/4ab907b0c73e0304/47fe70d4555df05a/cc0c19e9/-cpid/44a36adbbfd6c81" id="W47f1317f105123ad4ab907b0c73e0304" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f105123ad/4ab907b0c73e0304/47fe70d4555df05a/cc0c19e9/-cpid/44a36adbbfd6c81" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Back