Go fast, have fun, and be safe...but knock down 200 mph

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I finally got some pics organized from this weekends trip to Maxton.

Saturday we rolled the bikes to the starting line at 6:00 am. During the morning hours we had a couple showers which took us half the day and an 8th tank of diesel out of my truck to dry off.

I had to get a vid of our tow vehicle...

Finally we start to get running around 1:00 or so for 175 mph and under vehicles.....still waiting.

Around 2:30 they open up for 200 mph vehicles and I get to make a pass, came out of the traps at 198.3 mph.

Around this time tragic struck close to home. Most of you now know we lost a rider this weekend. Guy went off the left side near the bend after the timing lights and did not make it. RIP Guy

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/119756-accident-maxton.html

As you can tell, Sunday morning was chaos. Kevin and I still got up and going around 6:00 am but left our bikes at the back of the line to allow others to run.

Mr Bogus had requested some video of the starting line and staging area...I did get some, but unfortunately it was taken on Sunday morning while it was a mess and there are vehicles everywhere.

I put these pictures in a slide show so I didn't take up 3 pages trying to upload them here. Youtube removed my music, so turn up your radio~!~

Here you'll see the staging area with Commuta Busa running a 207 or so (he was having problems with his shifter this run) and Shane on Scott Guthries bike running in the 238-240mph range.

It looks like a black screen took over for the first 10 seconds or so of video, so please be patient.

A couple more runs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here a couple of pictures...you see the white Busa from TX that some were wondering "who is this guy~?~" This is Scott Jones

The fella with the long hair on the BMW is Phil. He usually rides his Busa and went 235mph in Maine.

You'll see Ken (Commuta Busa), Kevin, and myself.

Kevin hit a bird doing around 175 and we had to pick feathers off his wind screen~!~

Don't forget the ladies that go down there and support us~!!~

100_0188.jpg

100_0189.jpg

100_1682.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0202.jpg

girls and pups.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't find the close up of Kevin, might be over looking it...but here is a pic from last event.

Of course this goes without saying...but anyone who knows Kevin knows that he was knocking off consistant runs well over 200 after he was able to open er up and let er rip~!~

IMGP0944.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see everyone again :thumbsup:

My run that you caught on video is a great example of what happens when you've got tire spin. Last night I was looking at my datalog and that first run my tire temp was less than 140F. Resulting in tire spin through gears 1-4. I didn't get real traction until half way through 4th @ 9500rpm :banghead:

Don't even get me started with the button shifting :laugh:

Kevin taking out the low flying objects was a scary moment until everything was all right. :thumbsup: I think we've got to add some kinda pigeon sticker with a red x through it to indicate his first kill. :rofl:

I wish the conditions could have been better for everyone. Just about everyone was off their target during this event. That's racing though and there's always another event in the future to leave your mark. :cheerleader:

Very nice pics... :thumbsup:

Any ideas what mods Scott Jones has done to his bike...?

My understanding is the motor is entirely stock (don't know what other mods)...when Kevin ran his 202 mph passes at Maxton he had the fastest stock motor motorcycle (and with no power adders), then a couple weeks later we heard that someone in TX did 203 mph on a stock motor Busa.

We did not put two and two together that the white bike everyone was asking about on another thread was the fast runner until this weekend when we met Scott. He is located in Knoxville TN.

He did not come close to 200 this weekend, but we were all having a little trouble fighting off the strong head wind on Sunday.

Very cool.

Looks like some evil gremlin is on the fairing to the left of the bird splatter.

A bird splatter at 175 makes a mess that is for sure. The hayabusa is a blackbird eating falicon so maybe it was a black bird i hit. hehehe:rofl:. Fun weekend over all other than the dead of a a fellow busa rider. Well Next year will hold more fun and im sure more gremlins too. :beerchug:

On the bright side, at lease it hit in a spot that was strong enough not to break anything~!~

Hey guys thx for the heads up about getting active on the site. Enjoyed running w/y'all at Maxton and had a blast in TX. Trying to decide what to do with my 09 White Busa for next year as got some time between now and January meet in Fl. Just started with this bike in June as my 07 Blue Busa got stolen at the April maxton meet. Will be monitoring the site and deciding the plan over the next week or so. T. Scott "spdrcr"

Hey guys thx for the heads up about getting active on the site. Enjoyed running w/y'all at Maxton and had a blast in TX. Trying to decide what to do with my 09 White Busa for next year as got some time between now and January meet in Fl. Just started with this bike in June as my 07 Blue Busa got stolen at the April maxton meet. Will be monitoring the site and deciding the plan over the next week or so. T. Scott "spdrcr"

Scott,

What mods have you done to your 09 BUSA and what are your plans/goals for the bike...?

Glad you joined up Scott~!~ :welcome:

It was good talking with you at the meet~!~

Last edited:
Very Cool :)

Yup that one of us was with no weight smoken the tire through all gears..... fixed it and picked up 20 mph :beerchug:

Back