Brocks's zx14 runs 200 at Maxton mile

This is so funny!
The author was close on a couple of things.....
Chad weighs 128 or so in shorts.
He is a former Kawasaki Team Green Dragracer.

Not so close items......
Chad made a total of five runs on the bike before breaking 200, four between 199.1 and 199.3mph and one aborted run of 189 because of a bad crosswind that pushed him several feet off line.

The bike had no nitrous.

As far as engine mods, Brock is selling the same bolt-ons as a kit. It would be hard for him to sell the kit if the numbers could not be duplicated, he's got too much to lose by lying.
Dan

Geesh, I dont know where this crazy stuff comes from but that ZX-14 did not have nitrous. I was there too and can testify that it did not have nitrous. And Dan is right on the number of passes too.
If you want look it up for yourself as the entire RUN LOG is available on the ECTA-lsr.com website.

So please everyone dont post this crazy stuff unless you know the facts. Not rumors and other internet BS.

Don

Damn, information overload. So, okay the Brock bolt-on bike ran 200mph in the mile on an unlimited 14...good job, but big deal, blah, blah, blah. Like anybody thought it wouldn't.

Have fun trying to do that on the street every day. I'll give you a week before the bike looks like the aluminum foil I took off the 1/2 FULL can of puppy chow I fed to my dog. Yes, I'm a 1/2 full guy.

I for one have no desire to run 200 on the street every day.
I enjoy a good street race from time to time but nowhere near 200mph. That's the beauty of Maxton and the Texas Mile. A person can go a few times a year, air their bike out in a reasonably safe enviroment and have a blast. If you haven't tried it, go for it.
I find it hard to believe that folks with 'Busas, 12's and 14's are not interested, that's what this forum is about!
Just because someone has a 200mph streetbike, it doesn't have to be proven on the street.
Dan

(IGO202 @ Oct. 28 2006,07:43) I for one have no desire to run 200 on the street every day.
I enjoy a good street race from time to time but nowhere near 200mph. That's the beauty of Maxton and the Texas Mile. A person can go a few times a year, air their bike out in a reasonably safe enviroment and have a blast. If you haven't tried it, go for it.
I find it hard to believe that folks with 'Busas, 12's and 14's are not interested, that's what this forum is about!
Just because someone has a 200mph streetbike, it doesn't have to be proven on the street.
Dan
There ARE places (desolate, straight and flat, but yes public) where you can run up to 180-200 mph if you so desire. Not as safe as a track (never will be) but you can take safety measures. Just be smart about it. Ride with others, scan/ check the stretch for debris, potholes, roadkill and wait for traffic to decease.

Having said that I and a few others here know I have been guilty a time or two of not taking all safety pre-cautions before making a high speed run.

(THE ICE MAN @ Nov. 03 2006,08:52) It only takes 185 h.p. on a well tuned lowered bike with good areo's to go 200 mph in a mile !!!
FACT !!
Well that would depend on the rider, now wouldn't it? I'll tell you now, that 185hp ain't getting someone my size to 200.
Oh, by the way, 185hp on a well tuned bike is exactly the same as 185hp on a not so well tuned bike, genius.

lurk.gif

Also alot depends on conditions.....
The fact about Maxton or the Texas Mile is that they are run one way. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not.
My stock bore/stroke ZX12R makes 183 on pump gas, 188 on MR9 and I weigh 205 in shorts, I've ran 203 at Maxton and we all know what pigs the 12's are.
But.........with nothing changed except the winds, I've ran 196 there.
It's nice when that free horsepower works in your favor!
Dan

BTW.....Mr Brown you are correct.
A few months ago at Maxton my son and I ran a brand new stock ZX14 (except for a countershaft sprocket change) at Maxton. I ran 188, he ran 196. I can ride but not as well as him and the 75 pounds difference in our weight really shows up in the one mile.

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 03 2006,07:00)
(THE ICE MAN @ Nov. 03 2006,08:52) It only takes 185 h.p. on a well tuned lowered bike with good areo's to go 200 mph in a mile !!!
FACT !!
Well that would depend on the rider, now wouldn't it? I'll tell you now, that 185hp ain't getting someone my size to 200.
Oh, by the way, 185hp on a well tuned bike is exactly the same as 185hp on a not so well tuned bike, genius.

I  would have to say NO to your wrong answer !
There is a difference genius. LOL

all_coholic.gif

(GPW @ Nov. 03 2006,08:42) I am also guessing this was not on pump gas?
Brock was running MR9.
Definately no nitous as IGO202 stated.
He had dynoed at 201HP corrected the day before coming to Maxton..... best I recall from our conversation - I was pitted next to him - also running a 14 and so comparing notes......
KSP

(IGO202 @ Nov. 03 2006,15:34) Also alot depends on conditions.....
The fact about Maxton or the Texas Mile is that they are run one way. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not.
My stock bore/stroke ZX12R makes 183 on pump gas, 188 on MR9 and I weigh 205 in shorts, I've ran 203 at Maxton and we all know what pigs the 12's are.
But.........with nothing changed except the winds, I've ran 196 there.
It's nice when that free horsepower works in your favor!
Dan

BTW.....Mr Brown you are correct.
A few months ago at Maxton my son and I ran a brand new stock ZX14 (except for a countershaft sprocket change) at Maxton. I ran 188, he ran 196. I can ride but not as well as him and the 75 pounds difference in our weight really shows up in the one mile.
Dan - was your 196 on MR9 or pump gas....
Kevin

Kevin,
What I was referring to was that I've ran 203 at Maxton on my 12 one time and the next only 196 with no difference in the bike, only change was the weather conditions.
I usually run Ultimate 4 or MR1.
Dan

(kspz3 @ Dec. 10 2006,14:26)
(GPW @ Nov. 03 2006,08:42) I am also guessing this was not on pump gas?
Brock was running MR9.
Definately no nitous as IGO202 stated.
He had dynoed at 201HP corrected the day before coming to Maxton..... best I recall from our conversation - I was pitted next to him - also running a 14 and so comparing notes......
KSP
201hp with just race gas and a couple of bolt ons seems like alot. i would like to see the dyno sheet.
race.gif

I was thinking the same thing...what do they dyno stock...mid to upper 160's? That means that the bolt ons and race fuel added 30-35hp...wow...that bike is responsive to exhaust and a tune!!!

there's another run in may. I'll be there helping (getting in the way) greg. If you doubt it show up and check it out yourself. it's a good time
beerchug.gif

(turbojonn @ Sep. 28 2006,11:18)
bowdown.gif
super.gif
smile.gif
Is it just me? it appears as though he's trying to cover up the grills with his leather jacket. Seriously, good job on the 200 with bolt ons.
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back