Great weekend riding with my son

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
David and I took the MSF Basic Rider Course this weekend and had a great time. The instructor was fantastic and made both days informative and entertaining. While it was hot, we got lots of breaks and kept hydrated so there was no problem making it through the day.

David struggled at first with the quick stops and was a little frustrated at the end of the day so we stopped at the Honda dealership on the way home and I told him to pick the scooter he wants and if he passes the class, we'll pick it up on Tuesday. Sunday David was all about focus. He got the quick stop down, did the double u-turn in a box, swerving and looking through the corners. He managed to scrape the pegs a couple times while we were doing cornering exercises (it freaked out the instructor and I both :laugh:). David passed the class with flying colors and we will be making a new addition to the stable tomorrow.

I truly enjoyed the class and learned a lot from the instructor.

Dave was all smiles when he got home both days. I bet his cheeks were hurting:laugh:. He's studying the license test booklet tonight and hopefully we can get him over to take the written test and get his license in the next couple of weeks. :cheerleader:

great write-up! glad you guys had a fun and successful weekend!! :beerchug:

I saw if you take that driving course you dont have to do the road test to get your license...

I saw if you take that driving course you dont have to do the road test to get your license...

Yep! All he needs to do is take the written test and he is good to go.

And here he is!

2012-08-07_19-43-51_203.jpg

He did great!
2012-08-07_19-37-31_406.jpg

And that smile!
2012-08-07_19-47-16_757.jpg

We didn't make him wear his jacket to the end of the block and back...but he did put on his Under Armour and the rest of his gear.

Yoshi makes a carbon fiber exhaust and 2 brothers racing has carbon fiber, stainless and titanium options... :whistle:

I bought 3 extra bikes just so I can ride with all my sons once or twice a year when we are all together. That class makes them better car drivers, I think it should be required to take in English before anyone gets a car license.

Back