My Mustang...

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 11 2007,13:32)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,10:25) It's been a while since I pressed the big red button around here...hrmmm  
firedevil.gif
What like a minute...you love to push that button...then you can say "gee how did that happen, let me fix that for you"  
laugh.gif
Damn it, there goes my job security around here! LOL

Thanks Rich...
guns.gif
wink.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,09:42)
(PDBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,12:18) *throwing $10.00 bill to vman on way to corner*
Hey Kev. Can you make me a poster size for the corner wall next to the pole?
What makes you think Kevin's there?  You're all alone Hank...just you and Ben's pole...that didn't sound right...damn, must go post in another thread now...  
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Michelle I understand completely the sentimental attachment, and there are reasons to keep a car like this. BTW, this is my sig on my former board:

87 GT T-Top original owner-all options except leather, including 3.08 rear end
MAC shorty 1 5/8 headers, MAC offroad H-pipe, Flowmaster Delta Flows w/turndowns, electric fan, 3-row radiator, Centerforce Dual-Friction, Steeda quadrant, adjuster, and cable, Tri-ax shifter, K&N, fenderwell silencer aborted, Optima red-top relocated to hatch, Steeda Competition springs, offset steering rack bushings, MM full length subframes, BFGoodrich DR's (real traction is a wonderful thing!)

You can do things that make immediate improvement, and don't cost much. Fot example, my Steeda Tri-ax shifter makes shifting a new, short click precise experience rather than the "long handled spoon stirring a can of tomato soup" feeling. Maximum Motorsports long subframe connectors for @ $100 make the car stop feeling like a "dog shaking after a bath" when driving over railroad tracks.
laugh.gif

Then you can plan and budget things like a $5000 crate motor and a $2000 transmission. Think of a $500 car payment saved for enough months to buy the upgrade, and then the car is still paid for!
super.gif

I love the new Stangs, but they are HEAVY pigs! My car weighs 3000 pounds, new runs about 3800. With the Drag Radials on my car and @240 HP I've run 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. It takes a lot of HP to make up 800 lbs.

On handling, the sub connectors help tremendously. I added Steeda racing springs and the car now changes lanes like a go-kart! Body roll is close to non-existent, very fun in traffic.
biggrin.gif
Oh, about $300 for the springs.

My advice- keep your baby, spend money on it when you can and want to, and put it in your will!

P.S.- Put $15,000 in it in the next five years, and you can embarrass Ferrari's in it!

Mustangs rock!!

beerchug.gif
Well a few years back I bought my 1970 Mach 1 Stang for $300. It was a rotted mess AKA Rustang... Ok I had to put a few bucks into it. 475cid Big block, full manual shift C6 auto... High stall converter, 9 inch with 4:11s, Roll bars but it's paid for.... And its fast and people like it...

allthetoysmustang.jpg

Check this out Michelle,I drove this car all over the east coast and Texas,I drive it almost every day over here,the check engine light never comes on and it doesnt overheat,it gets 23-25 mpg on the highway.
GT idle[/url] The vid is a bit boaring as I didnt have anyone to hold the cam nor was I driving,this was just a simple test to see IF and HOW to post a vid.NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vid is a little long and boaring,but you get the idea of what you can drive on a daily basis with NO loss in driveability or reliability.I wouldnt hesitate in driving this car across the US or anywhere else.Its fun to drive and will smoke alot of street driven cars with major mods in a straight line,Put the 17's back on her and she handles quite well.

The Kenne Belle Blowzilla is a positive displacement type supercharger,Vortec is a belt driven type.The KB delivers INSTANT boost where as the other requires RPM's.The downside of the KB is the cost,they are expensive,the vortec can be bought cheap used.Take your time in deciding what to do,just tell Mike his days are numbered!
super.gif

Wow. Something very wrong with the pink pics...

Max - gorgeous Mustang! That is just a beautiful car...
beerchug.gif

Shibumi - thanks for sharing that info. I'm kind of at the point where dumping thousands in it will ultimately be better than the new car payment, I won't always wish I'd kept it, etc...I've made up my mind and Mike's been looking around for deals/weighing options...I know my little '95 isn't the best Mustang ever made, and I know there are those that aren't fans of that particular body style though I recall the hype when Ford finally started going a bit retro with their designs and people were pretty stoked about that first '94 rolling off the line
biggrin.gif
It catches my eye, makes me grin when I drive it and I figure that's plenty of reason to keep her as long as she'll let me
biggrin.gif

NJ - I'm on damn dial up at home today; youtube is blocked at work where I at least have a T1 connection, but MAN, I love the sound of your car!! That sounds awesome...vid is still loading, kids are anxious for me to take 'em out for the day, but I'm dying to get this video downloaded!
biggrin.gif
Ohhhh, 1:23 of the 5:38 vid already; took about 20 minutes! Grrrrrrrr...
all_coholic.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Max Speed @ Jan. 11 2007,20:37)
beerchug.gif
Well a few years back I bought my 1970 Mach 1 Stang for $300. It was a rotted mess AKA Rustang... Ok I had to put a few bucks into it. 475cid Big block, full manual shift C6 auto... High stall converter, 9 inch with 4:11s, Roll bars but it's paid for.... And its fast and people like it...
Max, that is a beautiful car. That's about the only breed of Mustang that I've ever REALLY liked.

Thanks for making me drool. Now I may need a new keyboard.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I wouldn't want to drop in a crate motor and then have the rear go, tranny, etc.. on a car with 150k. I know you love it, but either drive it till you've given in to the idea of a new one or do it now and test drive a new one and see how it fits ya. Good luck!! I love Mustangs!!! If I could afford to have one as a Sunday car I would. unfortunately with 3 kids/wife, a 4 seater leaves someone out all of the time. I have been thinking about a Charger when my lease is up. I have had 2 mustangs, a 85 GT T tops etc.., and a 92 GT worked. Very Fast!! They will always be in my blood!!! The need for SPEED!!
beerchug.gif

Back