My Mustang...

(PDBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,12:11) Oh just paint it Barbie Pink... you know you want to. Photoshop guys, where are you?  
all_coholic.gif
Hummmm...might be something to do today.......

Right click, save as.......

(PDBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,12:11) Oh just paint it Barbie Pink... you know you want to. Photoshop guys, where are you?  
all_coholic.gif
A Pepto Bismol Mustang?!
crazy.gif

Hank, to the corner! Don't even say stuff like that...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

*throwing $10.00 bill to vman on way to corner*
Hey Kev. Can you make me a poster size for the corner wall next to the pole?

(PDBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,12:18) *throwing $10.00 bill to vman on way to corner*
Hey Kev. Can you make me a poster size for the corner wall next to the pole?
What makes you think Kevin's there? You're all alone Hank...just you and Ben's pole...that didn't sound right...damn, must go post in another thread now...
laugh.gif

Would you just go buy a new GT...you keep the old one and make a planter box out of it
wink.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 10 2007,11:37) Okay MEN, car topic here...I'll be honest, I don't know much about cars except that I love driving 'em! I just changed the oil on my Mustang for the very first time, sure I can check the fluids and I've even put gas in it LOL but beyond that, I'm clueless. I know more about my Busa than my car, and that's probably not saying too much
smile.gif

I'm at a crossroads with my GT...she looks good, but showing age, paint could be better, new top is holding up, interior is okay (new leather seats would help her feel peppy I'm sure, but they'll do for now)...she's got 150,000+ miles behind her, all stock except for some "accidental" catalytic converter mods (he he) and Flowmasters to give her a grumble...she's a 5 speed, a LONG shifting 5-speed (I'm sure it's costing me 1/10 at each and every shift! LOL), the list of things one must know to actually start up and drive my car is getting long, the driver's window needs to be readjusted, running lights aren't working, some speakers come and go, can't start without the keyless entry OR find something small and pointy to press the magic button on the steering colum...the short of it is that if she were stolen today, someone might wonder just what in the hell they just did.
crazy.gif

BUT, I adore this car...it's just a thing, but it's MY thing, like my Busa...I keep her clean and shiny, meticulously picking up the messes my kids make in the back seat, upgraded her wheels to nicer 17" rims, new tires: I still grin every time I see her...she's mine for as long as she'll let me keep her, but I know I'm getting to that point where I either need to commit some $$ to keep her for the long haul or give her up and move on. Mike asked me last night if someone came up to me and gave me one of those new Mustangs I adore, I wouldn't think twice...I thought about it and told him I want to keep my old '95 GT...I can't imagine parting with her...it's silly, I know...

So, we're online last night pricing crate motors, upgrades to what I've got like super chargers because I want more HP and that sound
super.gif
, something to keep up with the ricers that keep pulling away from me. I'm not all about speed though, I like power, I like the sound, I can't afford a Roush motor (man, I wish), we're discussing painting her, new seats and the like. I'm seeing that she'll likely become a money pit, but I can't part with her for whatever reason...

Is it honestly worth it to invest so much in a car that's already 12 years old? For me, it seems like it might be worth it - makes me happy, no car payment, just keep her running and improve what's getting worn out along the way...

Suggestions as to possible routes to take are appreciated. Mike knows plenty about cars, has rebuilt his own '65 Mustang, dropped more than a few motors, so I know WE (he he) can do it...crate motors a good way to go? I want something for the long haul, something dependable, yet incredibly fun...a sleeper...
biggrin.gif

Important items I'd like to maintain of obtain if I haven't: MORE HP*, sounds awesome, shorter shift, lowered in the rear just a tad, power, power, power...after that, I'll worry about the cosmetics of the car...

*Did I mention that Mike's eyeing a 2004 Mustang with some major engine work from a buddy of his...it'll have close to 300 HP and I can't have my little GT stand for that...I'm serious, I need to work out a game plan here!

Sorry this was so long...been wanting to pick your brains for months about my car, don't feel like joining a Mustang forum since we have so many Stang fans here (NJ and BulletTrain come to mind)

wink.gif

Before my new wheels...

Last edited by a moderator:
(VaBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,10:06)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 11 2007,13:04)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,09:59)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 11 2007,12:45) Would you just go buy a new GT...you keep the old one and make a planter box out of it
wink.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
No no no...you can keep the car, no reason to burn it  
laugh.gif
That flamethrower was just for you Rich...  
biggrin.gif
wow.gif

atleast I don't have to go to the corner
super.gif

Says who? Off you go man...tell PDbusa to stop his whining in there; he's not coming out...

It's been a while since I pressed the big red button around here...hrmmm
firedevil.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 11 2007,10:25) It's been a while since I pressed the big red button around here...hrmmm  
firedevil.gif
What like a minute...you love to push that button...then you can say "gee how did that happen, let me fix that for you"
laugh.gif

Back