MY FIRST BIKE!

BIGDAWG

Registered
Hey Everyone!
Great forum,just found it as I was doing research on my future bike hopefully! I am looking to get a Busa for my first bike. I am a rookie rider with lots of dirt experience. My problem is that I am a VERY BIG DUDE! Stand 6'4 and 309lbs. I know there are not alot of offensive linemen that ride that I know of!hehehe I have been doing a crazy amount of research and I notice that I cannot find if there is a maximum rider/riders combined weight. All my friends say get a harley but I truly LOVE this bike!! I am looking for advice,opinions and anything else you guys can offer!! I was wondering if the BUSA could handle my weight and my girlfriend(don't worry fellas she is 135lbs,I AM A CRUSHER!hehehe) I mean if its a sacrifice to be a solo bike SO BE IT!!!! Or if there are any suspension mods so I am not riding around doing a WHEELIE all the time!hehehe Some guys also told me to look at the ZX 12 and the honda VFR 800. SO thanks in advance for your posts! CHEERS!

Hey bro, welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

I weigh the same as you, but a lil shorter though... 6 feet, I ride a busa and have not had any problems with it. I dont think that you will need to change or alter your suspension. Though its a good idea to get it set for your weight. 309+135 pounds, the busa can very well handle. Dont worry about it... just go buy it!!

Advice from one big guy to another big guy... trust me
blush.gif

I am your almost exact same size and the busa does just fine but you will be going through some soreness in your shoulders and everything forward from there takes somewhere between 1500-2000 miles before you quit gripping the bars that tight as far as 2 up I couldn't tell ya i've made a vow to never remove my hump so I will never know. Hope that helps.
Jay

look at the ZX 12 and the honda VFR 800 [/QUOTE]

...fug those bikes! They are not worth looking at... The king is the king, ...so go get yourself a Busa!
biggrin.gif

Thats awesome! Its good to know that there are BIGBOI'S ripping it up on the BUSA!!!!! I will take your advice and FUG those other bikes!! Did you guys have to adjust your pegs or modify them at all, just wondering if I will have any problems. Did you guys have to make any adjustments at all for your riding position?

My busa is 99% the way it left the showroom floor it feels a bit awkward at first but believe me it grows onto as you grow into it.You hafta remember you are gonna be using muscles you haven't used so just like any workout you are gonna be sore for awhile then you get stronger and POOF!! no pain.
It seems I could use a bit more legroom at times but I still think i'm ok at stock pegs. You will however wanna add a doublebubble windscreen cuz the stock one hits ya dirctly in the chest.That's the only function mod I have made to my busa.
Jay

Im about the same stats as you. To make more room for the legs, I opted for the TL1000 foot pegs. It does give you about 3/4 of an inch more leg room.

Thats awesome!  Its good to know that there are BIGBOI'S ripping it up on the BUSA!!!!!  I will take your advice and FUG those other bikes!!  Did you guys have to adjust your pegs or modify them at all, just wondering if I will have any problems.  Did you guys have to make any adjustments at all for your riding position?
I have a million mods on my busa... but not a single one for the sake of comfort. The busa is as comfortable as a Sport Tourer gets... they dont make it any more comfy than this one
biggrin.gif

I'm about 6'4" 250 and have no problems on this thing. It is truly a masterful machine and you will not be disappointed. BTW, Welcome to the board.
smile.gif

Back