Shipping Suggestions

I just purchased a bike off ebay a week back and im having it shipped by allied as well. just a little over $500 shipped door to door and you set up the pick-up date.

So far so good!

damn... i did a quick quote... they wanted 851 to ship from tony to myself...

highest by a couple hundred for quotes ive gotten...

haulbikes and jc...(listed above in thread) so far are the two cheapest at around 600 bucks residential address to residential address (door to door)....

damn... i did a quick quote... they wanted 851 to ship from tony to myself...

highest by a couple hundred for quotes ive gotten...

haulbikes and jc...(listed above in thread) so far are the two cheapest at around 600 bucks residential address to residential address (door to door)....
I will leave you with this: You get what you pay for (usually). Would suck to pay a grand to fix the bike because you saved a couple hundred on shipping....

I checked Fedex freight, I think i messed something up, even tho I plugged in the info twice. I appears it will cost between $6,000-$8,000 to ship a Busa. ???

500lbs, $7k Value, zipcode 98101 Seattle to 50010 with door to door service

Something went wrong...

Roll over your rate quote for a breakdown of costs.
Amounts are shown in USD.
Select Delivery date Transit days Service Rate
Guaranteed within 1 hr of specified time Thu. Jan. 14, 2010 4 FedEx National LTLSM Guaranteed - Exact time 7,689.66
Guaranteed by 12 p.m. Thu. Jan. 14, 2010 4 FedEx National LTLSM Guaranteed - AM delivery 7,428.40
Guaranteed by 5 p.m. Thu. Jan. 14, 2010 4 FedEx National LTLSM Guaranteed - Day specific 7,167.13
Guaranteed by 10:30 a.m. Wed. Jan. 13, 2010 3 FedEx Freight A.M.SM 6,561.56
Wed. Jan. 13, 2010 3 FedEx Freight® (Standard service) 6,486.56
Thu. Jan. 14, 2010 4 FedEx National LTLSM (Standard service) 6,122.07

Last edited:
Goat -
Forward Air shipped my '06 LE from VA to West Des Moines. I couldnt have been happier when I saw the crate it was shipped in and how the guys who dropped it off helped me open it up to make sure there was nothing wrong with it BEFORE I signed the paperwork.

If you get the bike to DSM and need help getting it to Ames let me know...Although going to Ames is against my best wishes :laugh: GO HAWKS! :laugh:

Goat -
Forward Air shipped my '06 LE from VA to West Des Moines. I couldnt have been happier when I saw the crate it was shipped in and how the guys who dropped it off helped me open it up to make sure there was nothing wrong with it BEFORE I signed the paperwork.

If you get the bike to DSM and need help getting it to Ames let me know...Although going to Ames is against my best wishes :laugh: GO HAWKS! :laugh:

LOL... good to know some other people are sharing my frozen hell!!

thanks for the offer, depending i may have to take you up on that offer, even if it will bring you into cyclone territory...

No worries though, I am an Iowa City transplant ;)

Only at ISU because they have a significantly better Engineering School...teehee

You may want to call Eagle 1 Motorcycle transporters 425-988-3127 These guys are all avid riders and treat each bike like its their own,nascar style hauler that will do up to 20 bikes. last time I checked it was $635 from anywhere in lower 48 to anywhere same. Back when I was rebuilding bikes full time, they did 14 bikes for me, picked up at my house and delivered door to door as long as the street would allow semis, all arrived without a single complaint:thumbsup:

You may want to call Eagle 1 Motorcycle transporters 425-988-3127 These guys are all avid riders and treat each bike like its their own,nascar style hauler that will do up to 20 bikes. last time I checked it was $635 from anywhere in lower 48 to anywhere same. Back when I was rebuilding bikes full time, they did 14 bikes for me, picked up at my house and delivered door to door as long as the street would allow semis, all arrived without a single complaint:thumbsup:

Great folks,I have shipped alot of bikes coast to coast with Mike.

I can also do shipping for you.I can ship it via forward air for you.you will have to drive to des moines to pick it up.I will order container,pick bike up,take to shipper,secure it inside and they will deliver it to the terminal in Des Monies and call you to come get it.I have all neccessary items to secure bikes for shipping in stock.

I will leave you with this: You get what you pay for (usually). Would suck to pay a grand to fix the bike because you saved a couple hundred on shipping....

DO NOT USE A HOUSEHOLDS GOOD CARRIER.I got a almost irreplaceable cracked fairing using them one time.never again.

Forward Air shipped mine from Ohio to Dallas when I bought it. They were very easy to deal with.

Back