Shipping Suggestions

Goatkart

Registered
Well.. Looks official, I am buying TonyMastodon's bike...

So first, thanks goes to DEMMYM for turning me on to his bike for sale... Tony ended up being one of the nicest guys i've had the privlage of talking to and working with on buying a bike..

That said, I am putting my feelers out everywhere for shipping it...

Tony suggested a shipper, i checked with another, the local shop recommended uship.com to me....

Just seeing if anyone has opinions(hehehe) or people they have delt with for shipping bikes with good success...

The biggest thing im looking for is convience on pick up (to not inconvience tony in any way) and drop off.. need it dropped at specific location...

Woohoo!! I'm glad Tony was able to sell his bike to another board member. I think you got a great deal!

I say wait till spring and fly to Washington and ride it home!!! :whistle:

If you can't wait then the cheapest thing to do would probably be to rent a pickup and go get it yourself.

yea, rent a small uhaul, with ramps, and put it inside the back of the truck.

Some of the guys that ship theirs all the time should know. Shoot BigBSBusa a pm and ask him what company he uses. I know he ships his whenever he changes stations.

Where are you located? And tony is in seatle?
I can't see locations on mobile.
Posted via Mobile Device

im an engineering student in ames, ia...

we also have many feet of snow on the ground and i'll start back to school on monday... so a long drive is just not an option (otherwise its exactly what i would do)

it just works out better and easier for me to have a shipping company pick it up and drop it off exactly where i need it...

that and it avoids over complicating things anymore than i need to for tony... i'm very anti pain in the ass.. :)

I have heard (directly) about uship. I believe they bid for the hauls. Someone I know received his bike strapped to a car trailer, no cover, no protection.
It was not a pretty sight .....The bid can be made by nearly anyone, even a guy with a pick-up truck.

I'm having mine brought from ok to nv. I was gonna offer some help if you were around ok. But your not so..... Out the window that goes.

Talk to a dealer they may be able to help if noone else can.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol thanks anyhow mattstang... would have been nice!

aussie, thanks for your input... thats kinda what i was afraid of.. i certainly saw some shippers that appeared less than reputable, others were giving offers off the chart... it was only my local shop that said they had a few people work with uship and had always turned out well with no problems...

Have had 3 bikes shipped by these guys... rock solid

Forward Air Home Page

thats who Tony suggested as well... biggest problem is on my end with them actually...

It looks like they only drop at their hubs or centers or something.... and when the roads are partially shut down(100% ice covered currently), and many feet of snow on the ground... getting the bike from 30 miles away to where i need it to be would be problematic...

i would end up having to rent a uhaul and put the bike on a uhaul, and move it a second time to just get it here...

maybe i misread how their transport service works however...

so far haulbikes.com seems to be the best/only service that can complete what i need it to do...

which is why i was looking around for suggestions and options..

Last edited:
I had very good experiences with JC Motors
Motorcycle shipping, motorcycle transport, motorcycle transportation, motorcycle shippers
Everything done online. Bike was very well secured and delivered on the day they quoted me. An extra $1000 insurance was like $7 to cover it to the penny. I'm still using the blue cover they used on the bike in the truck. Track online. The hardest thing was knowing the bike came within 10 miles of my house traveling up to their hub, and then it took another 4 days to come down to my house.

Great deal on Tony's bike. I think you bought a beauty!

bought a bike from PA and had it shipped to CA by Allied/Federal for under $500 (basic insurance included, extra coverage available for a few $$ more). Seller scheduled the pick up date, bike was strapped to a pallet, transported in an enclosed trailer and offloaded in my driveway in less than a week. Also got e-mail alerts to track the bike's trip.

http://www.funtransport.com/quoting.html

pallet_bike_QUESTIONS.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Aaron, if you really want. My buddy has a work space I can store the bike if you wanted to wait and fly out and pick up the bike.
Ill show you a picture of the miles when I park it :p

love this forum... you guys rock..

if anyone else has some ideas please toss them my way... im checking these as they come...

Can forward air (or whatever shipper you choose...) store it at their hub until the roads clear? Do we have a family member that lives close to the hub that can store it? Can it be shipped to another location where a family member can pick it up? By family I mean members....

Last edited:
Can forward air store it at their hub until the roads clear?

march or april..... teeeheee guessing not.. but maybe lol

a few shippers will just drop it at any location... where im having it stored is a bike shop so they have a fork etc if need be... its just making sure they'll drop it there...

and hopfully pick it up where ever tony wants it picked up at...

Last edited:
Hey Aaron, if you really want. My buddy has a work space I can store the bike if you wanted to wait and fly out and pick up the bike.
Ill show you a picture of the miles when I park it :p

LOL tony, i dont think i could hold off that long..

as is, im going to be bugging my bike shop so i can sit on it and go VROOOOM VROOOOOOM VROOOM....

bought a bike from PA and had it shipped to CA by Allied/Federal for under $500 (basic insurance included, extra coverage available for a few $$ more). Seller scheduled the pick up date, bike was strapped to a pallet, transported in an enclosed trailer and offloaded in my driveway in less than a week. Also got e-mail alerts to track the bike's trip.

I just purchased a bike off ebay a week back and im having it shipped by allied as well. just a little over $500 shipped door to door and you set up the pick-up date.

So far so good!

Back