Please help in buying my very first Hayabusa

Kiwi Rider. Hi buddy. Thank you very much for your reply and interest in my journey. I feel like I'm already in the 'Busa circle, standing around your BBQ with a beer, talking bikes!! Mate, I'm in my mid 40s and haven't been this excited since my days of Santa and Christmas!!

Thats great information. I'm seriously hanging off every word you all say.
You are most welcome mate, you will really enjoy the Hayabusa, I just know it.
Have a look at the Showcase section of the forum.
Check out @ROADTOAD 2012 L2 Busa, a work of art with the finest aftermarket enhancements money can buy!
Many other great bikes there too, mine's there, check it out and let us know what ya think. . .
I hope you have a ton of cash to drop on your newest obsession lmao.
I nearly peed myself at that last pic of you on your 'virtual' air Busa!
Hey, dreams are where it all starts.

Thats a beautiful motor cycle mate. Did Gen I's come in white, and with satin black frames?

To my knowledge, just the 06 LE, black frame, silver wheels and white and silver body work. If I hadn’t ridden any hayabusas I’d probably shop for a Gen2 although I don’t like the bodywork as much, especially the rear bodywork.

Don’t shy away from a well maintained Gen1, since 1999 they’ve set all the records.

You are most welcome mate, you will really enjoy the Hayabusa, I just know it.
Have a look at the Showcase section of the forum.
Check out @ROADTOAD 2012 L2 Busa, a work of art with the finest aftermarket enhancements money can buy!
Many other great bikes there too, mine's there, check it out and let us know what ya think. . .
I hope you have a ton of cash to drop on your newest obsession lmao.
I nearly peed myself at that last pic of you on your 'virtual' air Busa!
Hey, dreams are where it all starts.

Dreams are all we have my buddy!

Here's an example of the bike I really want. This is s 2008 model. I love this colour. Sleek and stealthy!! I like the R77 Yoshi pipes too.

View attachment 1607509

View attachment 1607510

View attachment 1607511
I will tell you now, if the bike in the pictures you provided is the bike you like......go find it and don't settle for anything less. If you do, you'll regret it.

If you go Yosh, perhaps think of a full system-saves weight, adds power, gets rid of the cats (which makes it a bit cooler under the fairings).

Once you get your bike, then decide what you want to do. Many bikes here are set up for different purposes so there are lots of people here to help give advice and guide you along.

You are in the right company if you are bound to get a Hayabusa.

Go into the showcase feature and you will see many of our bikes which can help you get ideas.

I will tell you now, if the bike in the pictures you provided is the bike you like......go find it and don't settle for anything less. If you do, you'll regret it.

If you go Yosh, perhaps think of a full system-saves weight, adds power, gets rid of the cats (which makes it a bit cooler under the fairings).

Once you get your bike, then decide what you want to do. Many bikes here are set up for different purposes so there are lots of people here to help give advice and guide you along.

You are in the right company if you are bound to get a Hayabusa.

Go into the showcase feature and you will see many of our bikes which can help you get ideas.

Yellow09. Yes, 100% that is the bike I want. I LOVE it, and knew it the moment I saw it. You are so right....if I buy anything else, I'd be just kidding myself

Mr Brown. Hello.

Re; My preferred style of riding...

I'm planning an interstate trip. My riding buddy is also looking at the Busa'. We want to tour hard...but play hard too. I did this same intetstate ride some years ago now, but on a 1995 GSXR-1100. They are a bit old now, and the 'Busa is FAR more refined of a machine. So to answer your question, I'm not into track days or racing at 300kph, but I want a good all-round touring bike, that can rock my world when needed :)
Hello! The next question is budget. If you can afford a Gen 2, buy one. It's a better bike all around.

Definately look into a gen 1 as well. I have owned both and honestly, i prefer the gen 1. Im sure its in my head but, the ergos just seem more comfortable to me. I struggled to get comfy on the gen 2 stock.

Gidday mate!
There's a few Aussies here and a couple of Kiwis so you are in good company lol !
The Gen 2 (08 on) has about 20bhp more than the Gen1 but is slightly heavier.
The Gen 1 has crap brakes also, and the '99 and '00 models have an external fuel pump, which can be troublesome. The '01 onward all have in-tank pumps. All good provided they are serviced on time etc.
The Busa is an amazing machine, all the power you ever want and comfy too.
A great tourer, and can certainly rip it up when necessary.
My advice would be to get a Gen 2 with low kms (under 100,000kms lol) mine has 125,000kms and is still strong and smooth!
You have hit the jackpot finding this community here at the oRg.
We are here to help, but please be civil and community minded, we are a family here!
All the best in your search mate, keep us posted too, we are all watching your progress :thumbsup:
P.S . . . a few of us are professional bike mechanics so any advice, feel free to quiz us, only too happy to help out where we can.
Isnt that the same? :poke:

Back