My family thinks I have issues...

My home conversations go something like this:
Her "I want a new floor in the dining room"
Me "I gotta buy a new exhaust"
H "You said when you bought this bike, it was already done how you wanted it, you wouldn't need to change anything"
M " Yeah, but that was months ago. I gotta get more power, I'm tired of getting beat"
H" I hate that f@#kin bike, you would sleep with it if you could, it's my turn to spend our extra money, and I want a new floor."
M "But a new floor won't help me go any faster, there's no holes in the current one, why do we need it?"
H "If you don't quit spending every dime on that bike, I will get a new floor, it'll just have a different house over it...."

We really had this conversation last Friday before I went to the track....I think I'm addicted.
BTW, she'll eventually get a new floor, I have to be fair I suppose.
My god man!!

I can definitely relate to that!!

The deal in my household was;

I get the Busa.
She (we) gets a new tile entry and carpet....

Thats funny shid brown.
laugh.gif
How about this for a conversation piece.
I'm walking in from taking a ride while she is doing the bills.
Her: You have to stop spending so much on the busa.
Me: Why I don't spend "that" much.
Her: It's averaging out to at least $100.00 a month.
Me: I don't think I spend that much.
Her: (Sigh)
Me: Walk off and thinking about the new boots that I want to get next weekend!
.................................................................................

At least you're not alone!
tounge.gif

My home conversations go something like this:
Her "I want a new floor in the dining room"
Me "I gotta buy a new exhaust"
H "You said when you bought this bike, it was already done how you wanted it, you wouldn't need to change anything"
M " Yeah, but that was months ago. I gotta get more power, I'm tired of getting beat"
H" I hate that f@#kin bike, you would sleep with it if you could, it's my turn to spend our extra money, and I want a new floor."
M "But a new floor won't help me go any faster, there's no holes in the current one, why do we need it?"
H "If you don't quit spending every dime on that bike, I will get a new floor, it'll just have a different house over it...."

We really had this conversation last Friday before I went to the track....I think I'm addicted.
BTW, she'll eventually get a new floor, I have to be fair I suppose.
Holy sh*t I can relate.  All our extra money goes toward sh*t she wants for the house (furniture, landscaping, and oh, not to mention she drives a new Infiniti G35 6SPD coupe which I surprised her with...I'm an idiot).  I want one ferakin' thing, a motorcycle again and I want the Busa.  I'm thinking about just buying it and telling her sorry honey...no $ for tile or wood floors or shrubs or whatever.  Man I hate throwing more and more money into the house when I know we would enjoy the bike so much more.  But I digress.

<!--EDIT|oZo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122958970 -->

My wife: the Busa is to fast and not comfortable, you will get hurt.
Me: would you be Ok with a cruiser?
Her: Yes
Me: Im getting the Busa, go to the dealership and buy my baby. DONE DEAL Not regretting it a bit. And the kids love it.
And yes, I look in the garage and tell her good night every night, and good morning every morning.
Still have that big grin on my face everytime we go out for a ride, nothin like it.

To use part of an old saying, "it's a 'Busa thing; if you have to ask you wouldn't understand". Very few non'busa owners actually understand exactly what a busa is and how it affects its owners. My 16 year old son does but that is only becuase my '03 was his first true love.
No 12step plan for me. I dig the addiction.

Back