busa problems

i was on my way home tonite on my 03 busa, and it shut off twice for a split second and then it come back to life. anyone else expirenced this problem or cann give advice on what it could be or what i may need to check? all advice welcome thankx

did the bike get rained on? it's been raining a lot down my way. If not, I would be checking fuel supply, maybe a pinched line? when is the last time the plugs were changed?

Check the kick stand kill switch. My 2000 did that on me a couple of times after I performed the kick stand mod. My bike died at ~ 80 mph while in the fast lane.

I bent the tab on the kick stand so that the kick stand made contact when it was up and the problem went away.

Check the kick stand kill switch. My 2000 did that on me a couple of times after I performed the kick stand mod. My bike died at ~ 80 mph while in the fast lane.

I bent the tab on the kick stand so that the kick stand made contact when it was up and the problem went away.
My 2 cents - check this. If you hit a bump and it vibrates it could cause that.

I forgot all about the kickstand switch:banghead:. Even though all looks good with it, start the bike put it in gear and take your foot and bump it a little. If the engine dies, that's the problem.

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Actually, you can just stand the bike up at idle in first gear, and have someone tap the kick stand with their hand....if it's getting a little lax it'll shut right off. If the stand switch is good, I'd check battery connections, and the tip over switch under the tank.

thanks for all tha advice ive received, but problem isnt fixed, even purchased a new heavy duty regulator and it shut down again, could the stator be goin bad and cause it to shut off?