Think I have a scammer on the line!

fishhook

Registered
Hello all, I am wondering has anybody ever had any dealings with a person from this web site named Forbes_Anderman?
The reason I ask Is that I posted an ad for a bike for sale.
I got a response from this person and sent him some pictures. I gave him my Phone number but he refuses to call me he just wants me to give him my home address and he says he will mail a certified check to me site unseen and as soon as it clears my bank he will send a moving company over to pick up the bike. I just have the wierdest feeling that this person just wants my address for some reason.
What do you think of this????

Yes, there was another member talking to someone with the same name yesterday.

this is one of the oldest e-mail scams. never ceases to amaze me at how it has managed to survive all these years.

this is one of the oldest e-mail scams. never ceases to amaze me at how it has managed to survive all these years.

I think it has survived because people think that if your bank clears the check that the check must be good. However, your bank will clear the check almost always unless something is obviously wrong with it but once it makes it back to the bank that the check was drawn on that is where it will get canceled and returned to your bank. At this point your bank will take the money back and most likely the bike is all ready gone. This process could take from 7 - 10 days before the money is out of your account typically.

just let them come to pick up the bike and then don't give it to them so it will cost him money to hire the shipping company

Last edited:
I think it has survived because people think that if your bank clears the check that the check must be good. However, your bank will clear the check almost always unless something is obviously wrong with it but once it makes it back to the bank that the check was drawn on that is where it will get canceled and returned to your bank. At this point your bank will take the money back and most likely the bike is all ready gone. This process could take from 7 - 10 days before the money is out of your account typically.

or you could cash out your account when it clears and buy a turbo kit for your bike:thumbsup: LOL

If he is a member I hope our administrator bans him. We should not let scammers be members. Thieves should be shot.

Hello all, I am wondering has anybody ever had any dealings with a person from this web site named Forbes_Anderman?
The reason I ask Is that I posted an ad for a bike for sale.
I got a response from this person and sent him some pictures. I gave him my Phone number but he refuses to call me he just wants me to give him my home address and he says he will mail a certified check to me site unseen and as soon as it clears my bank he will send a moving company over to pick up the bike. I just have the wierdest feeling that this person just wants my address for some reason.
What do you think of this????

This is a common scam. They tried this with my friend's pool table here in TX. The check is a good forgery that will take a long time to be uncovered by the bank. What they do is ask you to do is keep the money from the item you're selling and then write a check from your account to the "shipper" with the balance of the "check", The shipper is really them or their accomplices. What happens is your bank declares it fraudulent so you get no money, but you've actually mailed them a check with your money. They have no interest in whatever it is you're selling. It's a money making scam.

Last edited:
this is a series of automated email responces that you get when you post up for sale on craigslist. I recently posted up a set of lowering links and got these same automated responses like he was trying to buy a motorcycle or something. The emails used are stolen! I've gotten the same replies from 4 different email addresses. I always send em back a curse letter and then add em to the blocked senders list.:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Click the laughing smiley, then scroll down to the bottom of the linked page.

Also, given your home address, anybody with a GPS can come right to your house, stake you out until you leave for a bit, and steal said bike.

Back