Think i might have waited too long?

dezel1

Donating Member
Registered
I was about 300 miles from home when I noticed my rear tire had something on it. Well on closer inspection it was actually the cords from the inside of the tire exposed. I have been planing to get a new rear for a while. I have one lined up from streetntrack. I got one on the road because I was afraid to try to make it back home. Think it would have made it?

<!--EDIT|dezel1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153347923 -->

tire06_012__Medium_.jpg

Thats a chicken strip the Colonel would be proud of
biggrin.gif
.....and no you wouldn't have made it.

4965 Most of those miles are daily driving. I need a track day badly. The dragon is having construction by the way if anyone is headed up soon. They were replacing the gravel in the pull off areas last week. That means a dump truck dumps gravel into the road and a backhoe pushed most of it into the pull-off / parking area. They had 1 guy with a push broom cleaning up after the backhoe. Gravel in the road on the dragon isn't much fun. Also THP was there with 2 cars.

I was about 300 miles from home when I noticed my rear tire had something on it. Well on closer inspection it was actually the cords from the inside of the tire exposed. I have been planing to get a new rear for a while. I have one lined up from streetntrack. I got one on the road because I was afraid to try to make it back home. Think it would have made it?
That tire's sac is showin'!!

No I don't think I would have pushed the envelope on that one.

BUSAFETT

A hard headed bug could have punched a hole in that thing!

Wise choice to chnage it out on your trip but not so wise to let her get that far gone in the first place.

tounge.gif
Wow! Good that you noticed it. It would have been pure luck for you to make it home without a potentially serious problem. You *do not* want to wait so long before replacing your rubber. Yikes!

That is one of those things where if he hadn't looked he'd have made it.
Having looked tho . . . Well  BANG  comes to mind.
wow.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1449"|1153396653 -->

Back