My busa got stolen today... :-(

That sucks big time, just a tip when you park just flick the kill switch on,how many times have you hit it accidentally and couldn't work out why it won't start may not fool every one but could save a ride off.

Sorry Brotha:down: the only thing lower than a thief is a pedophile.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

The key was not in it. I plan on getting an alarm and maybe a disc lock on my next bike. I had planned on hooking up a kill switch too, but like someone said, you can't prevent them from hauling it away with another vehicle. The only thing our work surveillance cameras show is the person going away on the bike. (I haven't seen the vid yet, so I don't know if they were riding or pushing it by foot to another area close by to plug in their own ignition switch or something.

I had a set of (expensive)matco tools screwdrivers in the trunk (trunk mod), and also had my brand new 1/4 in matco socket set with extensions and ratchets, had a few sets of allen wrenches, and a suzuki hooded sweatshirt, I just wonder if this stuff will even be covered? :-(

-Justin

man just reading this right now almost make my stomach go into knots. sucks these fools dont have respect for anyones personal belongings. KARMA is a beeech. Did you leave ur keys in the ignition? how could he just hop on and ride away. Hopefully you get most for your bike so you can pick up another one and ride again. Keep us posted.

Feel for you brother. I know the feeling from experience. Get insurance together and keep your head up.

Are these bikes that easy to get running without a key in them? For a guy to just jump over a fence and jump on the bike a go seems pretty simple to me.

Makes me want to start locking my steering when I have to leave it.

Pushing it around in a circle they wouldn't get to far, would they?

Even trying to put it in a pickup truck would be harder if the steering was locked, unless 3 or more thieves were involved. :banghead::banghead:

If you have receipts for your tools and/or pictures, the insurance might cover those too, ASK them, you got nothing to lose by asking.

Sorry for your loss. they take deductible out and send rest.. go next door to complex have a look or if there is another complex by that one go to it, the bike will be there. a thief is smart enough to not park it where he lives but noone would notice him going complex over and getting on it..

I rode to work today (like many nice days). I didn't go outside today until 5:15 on my last break and discovered that my bike was gone!!! I talked to some co workers who were on there break and they said it was there at 430... I just missed them by 45 minutes. I then went to one of the office windows that faces the parking lot, and a lady who worked in that part of the office said she saw a man jump over the fence from the apartment complex next door with a helmet on, get on the bike and away he went.. What a ****TY feeling, I felt like I could puke for the last 4-5 hours!!

That sux.

On a GEN 1 a simple inexpensive Roadlok could have prevented this. They can still carry it off, but it will take a few poeple and a close van/truck. The front disk alarms are more likely to damage your bike when you forget it.....the Roadlok will not let your bike move.

Anyone out there on a GEN 1 without a Roadlok is open for this kind of act. Search around there was a site that had some for real cheap price, not sure if they still do or not.
Motorcycle Locks for Hayabusa 2007

Sorry for your loss. they take deductible out and send rest.. go next door to complex have a look or if there is another complex by that one go to it, the bike will be there. a thief is smart enough to not park it where he lives but noone would notice him going complex over and getting on it..

agreed comb the surrounding area and if theres any identifying things on it like a speciffic exhaust or whatever then drive around areas where riders gather and look for it

sorry to hear that.....
do you have picture you can post up, it will give us an idea of what to look for...:thumbsup:

Back