Got my baby stolen today

Prezzo

Registered
I had my k8 stolen today and it was found 2 hours later with only the ignition and steering lock assembly wrecked with the use of a screwdriver....... so i am very pissed off..... now i will have to find a ignition and lock assembly as i have an insurance excess of £500.00 so its better if i do the repair myself then get the ecu reprogrammed to suit the rfid chip so if anybody has 1 for sale let me know

Regards Paul............

Prez, that sucks. Atleast you got it back unharmed. I will keep my ears open and will ask around.

That's bitter sweet... I always wonder if I'd ever want something back once it was stolen.

GOod luck to you on the repairs.

BTW, did you have an extra lock or anything on it?

Prez, that sucks. Atleast you got it back unharmed. I will keep my ears open and will ask around.

Thanks mate i was lucky the only other damage was scratches to the top yoke and L\H kanji no paint damage i have a alarm fitted and they still took it while it was going off, I will start using my disc lock.
I think it was kids lucky it has the rfid chip if they had got it going they may have killed themselves or some other innocent person

Police said it was a gang of about 8 youths and they scattered when they turned up it was found only 200 metres away from where it was stolen and still tried to get it going while the alarm was in full voice idiots:banghead:

hows your baby by the way is it all finished now and eating up the road again ?

You were very lucky to get it back. My 954RR was stolen from me in July '04 and never saw it again. :( RIP ol'gal.

devil1.jpg

Bittersweet for sure. I hope they didn't make her do anything against her will! Glad to hear you got her back. Did they make an arrest?

I'm relieved that you got your bike back!

It makes no difference what side of the Atlantic you are on, thieves are bottom-feeding scum.

As far as the replacement parts, I can't help. If I had the items, they would be yours. Actually, even if I had a switch assembly, the US version does not have the anti-theft RFID included.

Man oh man, what a mix of bad, good and then bad luck again! Sorry, no parts in my shop. Wishing your baby a speedy recovery!

Back