Insurance ?

kennym4

Registered
I was talking with someone today about my Busa, and was telling them about it being stolen 3 months after I bought it brand new. I got it back 13 days later. After the adjuster came out he said it was a total loss, because it would cost more than $6,000.00 to fix (he said that's how much they sell the totaled Busa's to someone for), but if I wanted to keep it he could give me a check for $5,500.00 and I could have it fixed as much as I could with that. That's what I decided to do, because the only damage that it had was from being put in a trailer between 2 other stolen bikes (rub marks on the plastics), and they busted the steering wheel lock pin. It got more damage from rocks hitting it going down the highway.

ANYWAY.....I was told that since I did that, if something happened to my Busa like getting stolen again, or I wrecked it, the insurance company would not give me the $ on a total loss claim. Is this true ? I have still been paying for full coverage, and it was never totaled ?

Sorry so long....Thanks
Kenny

I've never heard either way, best to call em up from someone else's phone and ask some questions without giving your name. Dont want em thinkin your up to no good

If the Insurance Co. never totaled it and you still have a clear title then the bike was never a total loss. Clarify the vehicle status with them and the DMV...

I have Dairy Land Ins. Co.

They said it was just a claim, but the guy was telling me that if I tried to claim a total loss then they would fight it ?

I think I might do what Fastfrog said to do.....Thanks

sounds like they did not clearly communicate with you it's a total only if it exceeds the value less the salvage generally speaking. Otherwise it sounds like he's cutting you a check les your deductible to have it fixed

Back