I got Lucky today

AertepT

Registered
I got pulled over on my way to work today.  Not good, but I lucked out.  $50 ticket for a city ordinance violation, instead of about $150 ticket, plus court appearance, plus losing my license for about a month.  The officer cut me a huge break.  This won't count against my license or my insurance.  He got me at 90 in a 55.  I never even saw him.  I guess he got me when I passed a couple of cars.  He radioed ahead to the next town and had an officer pull me over in that town.  He got there about 5 minutes later.

IMG_0374_altered.jpg

If I don't pay it within 30 days, it turns into a state ticket and they set a court date with a notice to appear. Plus my fine probably triples.

That is lucky. At 1st I thought you had won the lotto or something. I guess in a way you did. Maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket.

I also think what helped me is I was wearing a Helmet, gloves, and a Jacket. It also helped that the cop also rides a bike and understands the kind of get up and go that this bike has. I apologized to him and he was very cool about it.

You should of told the cop,"if you would of waited a second I was going to shift into second, where the real power is" !!!

YEAH RIGHT !! GLAD it worked out for you !!

It has amazed me over and over again (3-5 times in 3yrs) how cool most cops are when you just pull over, show some respect and admit your guilt.

Good for you!! now be more careful..
beerchug.gif

Ha! that is a hail mary of tickets... the officer lost sight of you and if you went to court, well he would stand little chance of conviction... This however does 2 things, gives you a wakeup call and makes him feel like he did something positive.. (losing site of an offender is often enough to get most tickets thrown out of court, the "it wasn't me defense" works wonders:) )

Back