Boy was I lucky 1.5 years ago!

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Reading a thread just now made me remember this. Thought I would make my own
post and not hi-jack
biggrin.gif

Texas State Trooper stopped me on the highway in the summer. Here is the run down.
I was at my bike shop getting new tires put on and you know you are to have maybe
100 miles put on them etc. I leave the shop, pull up on a light near the highway I-45.
I see this R1 guy up ahead. The guy is dipping in and out. I am like ok, you lucky I have
new tires.  Went under the freeway then heading toward the ramp. He dips hard side to
side and looks back at me. Ok then, you got it, I say. I catch up to him he nails it, then so
do I as we are on the on-ramp to I-45. I am pulling up on him from behind, gaining on him
then he suddenly slows down. I am like haha sucker! You can't out run me. I look ahead and
BAM! state trooper gets off shoulder into the traffic. I am like damn! I know he is coming for me

Homeboy on the R1 speeds off the highway as the flashing lights are behind me. He escaped!
Well this was the time where I was not legal. No inspection, no registration, illegal lighting
no Insurance and Speeding 100/65. In court the DA dismissed the 3 above charges, and differred the speeding,
as well as insurance charge
I paid 101$ for speeding, and 68$ for no ins. plus 62$ for court fees. I took a drivers
saftey class at a Golden Corral (great Buffet) So I think I got off pretty easy. Even all this and about
7 each no Ins, inspection, registration tickets I still have my license without any points taken off.

I also do not run a plate. Never have on any of my bikes. I had a state trooper pull me over
gave me a warning and checked out the bike. Didn't run me for no ins etc. and 4 other city officers
also give me a warning for no display of plate. So that is maybe 5 officers stop me out of 100s that
have gotten behind me, or drove next to me. I look back and realize I have been a fortunate soul,
and not go to jail once between all of this.

ha you're a lucky man.. here in Illinois it's a minimum $500 fine for no insurance first offense.. But on the other hand it's a 90% chance they DONT chase you..

You got off lucky tho, good stuff

Damn, in CA, your bike would have been put on a 30-day hold first offense No Insurance. 2nd offense, that bike would belong to the department.

You're lucky with the no plate thing. If you can't pull a plate outta the hump you'll get towed here.

I don't get it. why does someone else's foolishness make you want to act a fool? I been pull up to plenty of times, engine revving, wheelie riding, rubber burning. All i do is nod my head and tell have a nice day. "STAY UP" "DON'T GET CAUGHT BY LEO"

Certainly not imposing that your an ignorant man by any means, but i will say that it's probably not the smartest way to go about owning a bike. There are so many hardships or bikers nowadays and to be honest it sounds like your contributing to them. BUT... you are a lucky man. "stay up"
beerchug.gif

I do not have a plate because I am still buying the bike from my baby mama
a way around that I have been getting 25$ a month permits till I pay off the bike and she
gives me the title. Will be next year paid off I bet. I keep the paper tag in the hump.
That is crazy about the towing laws there. Cops threaten to take me to jail and tow
but they end up fining my ass lol..  

Today I pretty much saved 120$ for 2 fines i got last month in my mustang. Went to the
courtyard on the 4th of this month and was told to pay 120$ next time I come in. Then
Went to the courtyard today during lunch expecting to pay the cash,
but instead put me down for court in 6 months from now, and get them dismissed
without paying any money. That was badass because I was strapped for cash.

In Florida insurance is optional, just dont crash, if you do then you get busted for no insurance...catch 22.

Back