I got lucky

Vstrom

Registered
I was riding home from work this past week, I was in the left lane running about 90+. All of a sudden I heard this police noise maker noise. I looked over to my right and there was a state trooper in a black Crown Victoria. He was looking at me with an evil look and shaking his hand frantically. I assumed he wanted me to pull over and I started to. He just kept going, so I slowed down and kept him in sight until I hit my exit. I guess he had places to go and people to see. :cheerleader:Some times you just get lucky.

You got lucky! I had a similar situation, I was doing about 100 down the interstate one night after work and I saw a car coming up behind me real fast (I thought it was my buddy from work) so I started to downshift and prepare to snap the throttle when the car passed me...it was a state cop. He never even looked at me.

Years ago while driving a company route car. I was doing 90 in a 55 I looked up in my rear view mirror only to find a state trooper shaking his finger at me. My heart about stopped. I slowed down to 55 and when he pass me he shook his head. When he passed me he gave me a look I can't describe.

You got lucky! I had a similar situation, I was doing about 100 down the interstate one night after work and I saw a car coming up behind me real fast (I thought it was my buddy from work) so I started to downshift and prepare to snap the throttle when the car passed me...it was a state cop. He never even looked at me.

Are you kidding me. If that were me he would have pulled me over gun drawn, made lay face first in a ditch, patted me down, threw me against the hood of his car, slapped the cuffs on me, threw me into the back of the car smacking my head against the door frame, cursing me all the way downtown, yanking me out of the car, dragged me up the stairs to the courthouse, threw me in a sell with 20 other guys and as he was walking away yelled back to the other inmates, ( I think he has cocain in his bunghole )

And he didnt even look at you. Must not have been a Maroon Busa. :laugh:

I know this is off subject but its good to see a fellow DL1000 vstrom and Busa owner on here!!!! I have a Yellow 03 vstrom!!!

I know a guy that blew past a state trooper at about 140mph (and in the right lane) while the same trooper was following another bike running around 105... you know he only got a warning after it took the cop around 4 miles to get the fast guy pulled over..

Are you kidding me. If that were me he would have pulled me over gun drawn, made lay face first in a ditch, patted me down, threw me against the hood of his car, slapped the cuffs on me, threw me into the back of the car smacking my head against the door frame, cursing me all the way downtown, yanking me out of the car, dragged me up the stairs to the courthouse, threw me in a sell with 20 other guys and as he was walking away yelled back to the other inmates, ( I think he has cocain in his bunghole )

And he didnt even look at you. Must not have been a Maroon Busa. :laugh:

I would have never done that. My line has always been thanks for the information :laugh:

I know this is off subject but its good to see a fellow DL1000 vstrom and Busa owner on here!!!! I have a Yellow 03 vstrom!!!

That Vstrom was the bike that lead me to the Busa, via an FJR. I think theDL1000 is one of the most awesome bikes out there. Nice to see a fellow Stromtrooper.:thumbsup:

I was headed to Victorville CA. from Vegas once and had to stop at the inspection check point. I started to get back on the freeway when I see another car bringing up my rear pretty fast, so I hit the accelerator harder. The car kept gaining on me and I could'nt shake it. When it opened up to two lanes it pulled right up next to me, I look over to see HIGHWAY PATROL on the side of the door; yeah my heart sank. The LEO just looked at me and shook his head and sped off!

I was driving a 1988 Cadillac Eldorado, and I was haulin a$$ when he passed me!!:laugh::whistle:

so I hit the accelerator harder. The car kept gaining on me and I could'nt shake it.

Until I got to the end I was wondering why you couldnt shake it on a Busa

I have been very lucky too as far as LEO's are concerned. Lets hope that trend continues. I had a Saleen mustang blow past me one night on the way home from the drag strip. When I caught him he kept hitting his brakes and I thought he was messing with me. I dropped it into 2nd and blew past him AND the Sherif's cruiser he had come up on at about 110 MPH. I must have hit 140 or so befor I saw the red lights. He stopped me, but let me go - saying he was on the way to another call and did not have the time to take me to jail. :whistle:

Attitude............it can get you out of a ticket and can also ensure you get one, apply wisely!!

Coming back from Indy, going 90-95 in a gaggle of cars on I-44 when I notice MSHP setting on a bridge overpass apparently radaring the west bound side. For some reason he just sat there as we went blazing by under him. Must have been doing paperwork or something.

Back