Bike Stolen in Landover Maryland

beerchug.gif
Congratulation. Finally a happy ending. It would have better if they had caught the vermin that stole it but you got it back and thats what really counts.

beerchug.gif
Congratulation. Finally a happy ending. It would have better if they had caught the vermin that stole it but you got it back and thats what really counts.
Not really, the 2 guys that got caught with my bike along with 3 other 06's (brand new at the time, ZX 10, Gixxer 1K, and cbr1000 RR that had the Lojack) in their shed only got charged with misdimeanor (sp?) offenses, and the cop told me if they made a plea agreementI'd never get a summons for court.......never got one, so they didn't get in any trouble !!!

Thanks Coldstone and Bike Guy. For whatever reason the guy seemingly disappeared after the check cleared. Never returned any of my contacts so I freaked out a bit. After trying again I finally got ahold of him and he said he's been slammed at work, but all is ok!!
beerchug.gif

That sucks but in the DMV, (DC,MD,VA) park your bike and it's a good chance it will get snatched, I've seen the little bastids ridding around in vans on the hunt and selling frames and parts.

I'm so glad you got her back, been a year now for me, no word..@%$*&@ there I dont feel any better but Im happy for you.

Lost my '05 Gixxer to scum bags last year. From right infront of my apartment.

Best part of it was I only had liability ... was kept in my garage at night with two of the loudest dogs you've ever met.

I work in Landover too, ride my Busa to work most days when its nice. I gotta admit, I have gotten off it many times wondering if it would be there when i get out. Now I park it right in front of the office to minimize the chances. One day I got off and left the damn key in the ignition by accident, in a back parking lot surrounded by 48 ft trailers for the entire 8hr day, believe it or not, it was still there......unbelievable.

As much moneyu as I have in it now, I would really be screwed if it was taken.

By the way, insurance doesnt go up with a comprehensive claim.

Back