'Muhammad' ..........

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Gillian Gibbons is described as "a talented and able teacher "
A British schoolteacher has been arrested in Sudan accused of insulting Islam's Prophet, after she allowed her pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad.
Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, said she made an "innocent mistake" by letting the six and seven-year-olds choose the name.

Ms Gibbons was arrested after several parents made complaints.

The BBC has learned the charge could lead to six months in jail, 40 lashes or a fine.

Is this total maddness
rock.gif

A British schoolteacher has been arrested in Sudan accused of insulting Islam's Prophet, after she allowed her pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad.
Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, said she made an "innocent mistake" by letting the six and seven-year-olds choose the name.

The BBC has learned the charge could lead to six months in jail, 40 lashes or a fine.

Is this total maddness
rock.gif
I think that a Teddy Bear named that is a Gift, have you seen some of the people with name? Boy, are they Ugly!

The Inquisition is still alive, it is just clothed in a different robe.

--Wag--

Is this total maddness
rock.gif
I think that a Teddy Bear named that is a Gift, have you seen some of the people with that name? Boy, are they Ugly! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that everybody over there has the that name, so what choice did the kids have? I guess that could have elected to name it Boom!

Those people (Islamic radicals) are totally insane...
Why get so wound up over a simple name. In the Christian world, we can name anything we want Jesus or Christ or any other Biblical name and no one cares...
But then again, we are Civilized and live in the real world...

David

too bad since they are religious WE get grouped in as being equals with them. kinda like saying ALL germans are jew hating nazis. oooooookaaaaaay

I guess if it were ME, I would stay OUT of a country where anything could lead to ANY amount of lashes. but that's just me

Update: A British teacher is charged in Sudan with insulting religion and inciting hatred, the Foreign Office confirms.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
CrashBomb Teddy Bear...A new WMD for a new century.[/quote]

please do not mention this to your president

I know plenty of people that are named muhammed & most are real dirt bags(automotive industry).You would think that a teddybear for kids would be a positive change of pace....Hey, has anyone seen Jeff Dunham & his terrorist puppet act? check it out on youtube

Why get so wound up over a simple name. In the Christian world, we can name anything we want Jesus or Christ or any other Biblical name and no one cares...

David
The bad thing is that they are not really Islamic Radicals. Just ordinary run of the mill Sudanese parents. Folks here are right in saying that so many people there are named Muhammad so why is this a problem?

please do not mention this to your president
I have no intention of doing so. It may endanger the international teddy bear market.

And from an administration that couldn't find a teddy bear stuffed with a thousand grams of PU-239 in a clean room using the most advanced Geiger-Muller tubes and gaseous detectors known to man.

*sigh* One more year...*crosses fingers*

The bad thing is that they are not really Islamic Radicals. Just ordinary run of the mill Sudanese parents. Folks here are right in saying that so many people there are named Muhammad so why is this a problem?
And aren't most Sudanese Arabs of Nubian decent rather than the more Persian "Middle Easterners" that our country is so fond of lumping all Arabic peoples in with?

You'd think that one of the oldest civilizations in the world and arguably the first and oldest races of human beings would have more sense than this.

Of course you'd think they'd have more sense than to ignore or support what's going on in Darfur, too.

David
Uhh, RIGHT... Christians are civilized...
wtf.gif
thumb_down.gif

Their Country, Their Laws, Ya better know what and who your dealing with if you go overseas. Because it AIN'T like here guys. Most Islamic Countries are run by NUTS
tounge.gif
. BUT; it's their country and their laws like it or NOT
rock.gif

It is fun the mess with them though  
laugh.gif

Back