Motorcycle oil comparison

JET-A

Wishing I was riding
Donating Member
Registered
I have a motorcycle oil comparison put out by one of the manufacturers. It is about 28 pages of information. It does answer a number of questions that I had, but not all of them.

It compares a number of the oils people seem to discuss here on the .org as the superior oils.

I would be happy to forward this to those wanting a copy. Just drop an e-mail to JET-A@msn.com and I will try to get it out to you.

I may be a bit busy until the end of the week, but I will do my best to keep up with those wanting a copy.

Todd

Only one sent so far....

Anyone else interested??

lurk.gif

That makes it easier on me.

I was not aware it was there.
thumb_up.gif

Nope, just trying to help. I had this sent to me as a pdf file and found it informative. Thought with the amount of oil use traffic here, someone else may find it useful as well.

I did use the dealer finder to locate a dealer about 4 miles from home that has oil and filters on the shelf at all times.
thumb_up.gif

is repsol worth a damn?
i just put it in today.
also filter q.
a local shop says all filters have paper in em.
i thought they were full of it, so i got a stocker from the stealership, based on what i read here.
(sorry for the thread hijack)

Repsol was not included in this study. Sorry, I can't tell you.

I know I will be running Amsoil from now on.
thumb_up.gif

Only one sent so far....

Anyone else interested??

View attachment 1390845
Hi JET-A, thank you, I would love to see that report. I have a 2000 Hayabusa and I usually use Castrol Power 1 4T full synthetic oil. I am curious about the differences and benefits between Castrol, Amsoil, and Mobil 1. Are there significant advantages to one oil over another? Thank you for your time!

Hi JET-A,
thank you,
I would love
to see that report .

I have a 2000 Hayabusa and I usually use
Castrol Power 1 4 T full synthetic oil .

I am curious
about the differences
and benefits between
Amsoil, Castrol and Mobil 1 .

Are there significant advantages
to one oil over another ?

Thank you for your time !

Yeah, whatever. I put 5500 miles on my 2008 at the drag strip and eventually wore out the rings. The bearings looked like new, the guides are perfect, no other issues. Mostly I ran Mobil-1 car oil until they changed the formulation then I went to Brad Penn for the last year. Now I run Valvoline VR1 car oil based on feedback from a reputable Busa racer. Any decent oil is going to work.

is repsol worth a damn?
i just put it in today.
also filter q.
a local shop says all filters have paper in em.
i thought they were full of it, so i got a stocker from the stealership, based on what i read here.
(sorry for the thread hijack)
I used Repsol 4T full synthetic racing oil in my 14 and it was very much better than dino oil for about 250 miles. It was very quitet and the shifting was incredibly smooth. By 500 miles, same as conventional. Not worth the $80.

I use Rotella synthetic and change every 2500 miles. I don't think the shifting feels any better than dino oil but it isn't any worse and it costs the same. So I change it as often as dino oil and I get to have synthetic in there. I know clean oil is good oil. I wouldn't want to pay big bucks for synthetic and leave it in 5000 miles. ..but I've never tried. That Repsol left a bad taste in my mouth for expensive oil.

I was told to use a motorcycle specific full synthetic oil...... 10/40 ... on a fresh motor... I'm told that I can run a few thousand miles on the oil.... however... I'm gonna change it every 1500.... that way I KNOW its fresh.

I was told to use a motorcycle specific full synthetic oil...... 10/40 ... on a fresh motor... I'm told that I can run a few thousand miles on the oil.... however... I'm gonna change it every 1500.... that way I KNOW its fresh.

That’s a huge waste of good oil. I can only speak from my experience of running synth in several motors over 250,000 miles and IME, synthetic oil is leaps and bounds better than dino oil in every aspect, lubrication, clutch engagement, shifting, cooling and longevity, no matter how it looks after a few hundred miles. If I changed anything @ 2,500 miles it would the filter.

That’s a huge waste of good oil. I can only speak from my experience of running synth in several motors over 250,000 miles and IME, synthetic oil is leaps and bounds better than dino oil in every aspect, lubrication, clutch engagement, shifting, cooling and longevity, no matter how it looks after a few hundred miles. If I changed anything @ 2,500 miles it would the filter.
I know its probably a waste... but I don't wanna have to build a new motor anytime soon... I want this motor to last AT LEAST until they build a gen3(motor).. hopefully its 1500ccs... and hopefully itll fit in a 2005 frame... then the motec and an excuse to start building again.... a MONSTER.

I run Mobil 1 15-50 in all my bikes and never have had an issue. Usually change at beginning and end of season just because.

Back