new motorcycle oil from Red Line

boosted

Registered
Just purchased Red Line's new motorcycle oil and I'm interested to use it and see how it performs...Polyol ester basestocks, high detergency levels, extra phosphorous and zink added for antiwear, less friction modifiers for superior wet clutch...This oil will be put to test in my 08 turbo busa. ANY OF YOU OIL EXPERTS FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN. I'm really excited about the extra phosphorous and zink.

I thought poly was bad for bikes?
I thought poly was mad for crackers.....
tounge.gif

cheers
ken

I called tech at redline and talked to dave and he said it depends what you are doing with the bike.I asked him the same thing and since Iam road racing my bike ,he recomended 40w sae(10w-40) which is a race oil.If your bike is for street and little track use stay with the motorcycle specfic engine oil.Redline iz good stuff.Just my two cents worth.Adam

I called tech at redline and talked to dave and he said it depends what you are doing with the bike.I asked him the same thing and since Iam road racing my bike ,he recomended 40w sae(10w-40) which is a race oil.If your bike is for street and little track use stay with the motorcycle specfic engine oil.Redline iz good stuff.Just my two cents worth.Adam
Actually poly ester base stocks are the best you can run for your bike. Also this is a specific motorcycle oil. The first red line has produced.

Yes the Poly ester base is pretty much top of the line base stock just like Motul 300V. Amsoil I think is not a group IV it is a group 5 synthetic. Still good but just not the same. How much is the new redline? The Motul group 4 stuff is about $15 a liter.

Yes the Poly ester base is pretty much top of the line base stock just like Motul 300V. Amsoil I think is not a group IV it is a group 5 synthetic. Still good but just not the same. How much is the new redline? The Motul group 4 stuff is about $15 a liter.
Ufortunately this new oil is around $10 a quart. But for a 427hp turbo bike I need all the protection I can get. The tech for red line says it is the absolute best motorcycle oil on the market now. {of course he would say that}

Silkolene is awesome stuff, better than amsoil (which I thought was real real good). Silk is going to be very hard to beat.

This oil has been available for a little over 13 months and seems much real world field testing been done since then . I posted a small bit of info here .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=70082;hl=

Just a note about the loose use of the term Polyol . Polyols are family of esters . Out of these comes trimethylolpropane or TMP, pentaerythritol " PE, and dipentaerythritol " Di PE " " Tri PE " ect ect .

Then there are Dibasic and Tribasic or Complex Esters to name a few out of the realm of the Polyols.

None of these can be used in an engine oil formula without use of at least some Polyalphaolefin "PAO" or some  " GroupIII which has had it's inherent solvency refined out of it " to help mitigate seal swell tendancies so when one reads about triple ester technology  ,ect , read between the marketing lines and think use of complex esters might be used along with something else .

Last and leaving out the fake group III synthetics , the upper tier synthetic base oil groups goes like this .

Group IV - Polyalphaolefin"s" = as more than one . Those are the only ones to make it into this group classification .

Group V - Any ester to include those not suitable for the gasoline engine due to hydrolatic stabilty ---- or lack of .

Mobil has a blending fluid called Synesstic which is not a true ester but got tossed into the group V category not long ago soon after it was brought to market . It is an Alkylated Naphthalene with very good additive solvency just as ester . PAO's are inadequate in that department and some PAO formulas actually use a small quantity of Group I base oil to aid the additive pack . As far as I know the AN is not used in their bike oil .

There are many ways to build engine oils . Knowing how most have been made in the past and present really helps narrow the choices for my uses and various engine specific/usage needs .

This oil has been available for a little over 13 months and seems much real world field testing been done since then . I posted a small bit of info here .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=70082;hl=

Just a note about the loose use of the term Polyol . Polyols are family of esters . Out of these comes trimethylolpropane or TMP, pentaerythritol " PE, and dipentaerythritol " Di PE " " Tri PE " ect ect .

Then there are Dibasic and Tribasic or Complex Esters to name a few  out of the realm of the Polyols.

None of these can be used in an engine oil formula without use of at least some Polyalphaolefin "PAO" or some  " GroupIII which has had it's inherent solvency refined out of it " to help mitigate seal swell tendancies so when one reads about triple ester technology  ,ect , read between the marketing lines and think use of complex esters might be used along with something else .

Last and leaving out the fake group III synthetics , the upper tier synthetic base oil groups goes like this .

Group IV - Polyalphaolefin"s" = as more than one . Those are the only ones to make it into this group classification .

Group V - Any ester to include those not suitable for the gasoline engine due to hydrolatic stabilty ---- or lack of .

Mobil has a blending fluid called Synesstic which is not a true ester but got tossed into the group V category not long ago soon after it was brought to market . It is an Alkylated Naphthalene with very good additive solvency just as ester . PAO's are inadequate in that department and some PAO formulas actually use a small quantity of Group I base oil to aid the additive pack . As far as I know the AN is not used in their bike oil .

There are many ways to build engine oils . Knowing how most have been made in the past and present really helps narrow the choices for my uses and various engine specific/usage needs .
You seem to know alot about oil.So what do you run?

Back