Oil type

L4G4RT0

Registered
I know most of you use synthetic oil... any special reason for that? I was told that synthetic is more for racing usage than to normal rides, since in motorcycles the oil change happens in a short milleage (comparing with automobiles)...
rock.gif

More HP, much smother shifting, cooler running, more engine life.

Use the cheap stuff in your lawnmower, not our beloved Busas.

Oh god! You've done it now... We'll have to wade through another 76,800 character post by the Silkolene beeyotch.
cussing.gif

jump9.gif

What Johny Cheese didn't mention is how often he changes his oil... If you cahnge your oil every weekend or so... Ester Based synthetic oil will get pricey in a hurry... no doubt about it... 

YEAH YEAH, I am the SILKOLENE BEEEYOOOOTCH!!!!   But I know what works and I know that it has turned my tranny into a thing a silky goodness, and the bike feels more powerfull over all.  NO BS, NO EGO, NO HYPE, Just the way it is.  

Do your own research, check into how well the Synthetics perform VS ANY Dino Oil.  Plain and simple, no arguments, synthetic is better.  The only cautionary note is to avoid synthetics with a crap load of Moly additives...  Maxxus I think it is?  Has a ton of the stuff and this might, maybe, could lead to some little bit of wet clutch slipage.  But thats just what I read.   Amsoil is good stuff, But I love SILKOLENE, besides it's parent company is FUCHS...Yeah say it again FUCHS...  So how can you go wrong...  FUCHS.....he he he...

Nope, Not 75K.... Bullet...Beyotch....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076028985 -->

What Johny Cheese didn't mention is how often he changes his oil... If you cahnge your oil every weekend or so... Ester Based synthetic oil will get pricey in a hurry... no doubt about it... 

YEAH YEAH, I am the SILKOLENE BEEEYOOOOTCH!!!!   But I know what works and I know that it has turned my tranny into a thing a silky goodness, and the bike feels more powerfull over all.  NO BS, NO EGO, NO HYPE, Just the way it is.  

Do your own research, check into how well the Synthetics perform VS ANY Dino Oil.  Plain and simple, no arguments, synthetic is better.  The only cautionary note is to avoid synthetics with a crap load of Moly additives...  Maxxus I think it is?  Has a ton of the stuff and this might, maybe, could lead to some little bit of wet clutch slipage.  But thats just what I read.   Amsoil is good stuff, But I love SILKOLENE, besides it's parent company is FUCHS...Yeah say it again FUCHS...  So how can you go wrong...  FUCHS.....he he he...

Nope, Not 75K.... Bullet...Beyotch....
XLNT!!!!!! good eye.
but even before the turbo I still used mineral base. I used Honda GN4 10-40 or the Yamalube 4 20-40

Well, it seems like synthetic's preferred by most of you... I bought today 4 liters to make an oil and filter change... it cost me about $50
sad.gif
'cause i had to buy it on a supermarket... dang expensive, but ok, it's for my baby
smile.gif
it's 10w-40 SJ, guess it's a good one.

How about using 50/50,  Synthetic Blend   (Because of the wet clutch)   Any Comments?
rock.gif
?
smile.gif
No Fear with the Wet clutch and Full synthetics.  There were some rumors and what not that made their way into the Myth books and one of these is the Synthetics make your wet clutch slip.  There is some concern today if your using a synthetic with really high levels of Molybdenum additive, but even this was more theory than experiance.  

Amsoil is still rated pretty highly and they have a hell of a good track record...  Check them out here.  Amsoil

As anything use what works for you.  You do not increase HP with Sytetic oil.  You make shift smoother.   if you go to Syn use 15x50 not he MX4T which is $7.99 per quart.  the 15x50 is the same stuff at $4.99 per quart.  If you change your oil every 3M you will be fine with what ever you use.  Filter every 6M

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "price change on isle 3"|1076341204 -->

Back