Oil, what oil.

newman

Registered
Checked my oil yesterday and it was just above the low limit, bike had it's first service a few weeks ago, so I thought I'll go fill her up get some oil.
Man it's a long time since I've brought oil, 1979. There was so many different sorts.
So back home and on the net, talk about confused.
Now I've read all about different oil types on the org, but what was in my bike. I just thought ordinary motorbike oil, do you think I could find any, no, only synthetic, part synthetic, all for different types of bikes from scooters, classics, up to superbikes.
Then bright idea, look at what the guy had put in on my receipt for the first service, look that up on the net, right part synthetic.
Reserve some at a shop went to get it, look at it, the guy gave me full synthetic two stroke racing oil, so much for their expert staff.
Went and got my proper oil myself off the shelf.
I didn't know buying oil could be such so confusing. :laugh:.

Mobil 1. Don't let anyone else change your oil. They will put the cheapest oil in the shop in there no matter what they say or they charge you......

Amsoil with K&N filter. Run it for 7K miles and change.

You're changing your oil only every 7k miles? Manual calls for 4k. My old Honda XX had 8k oil changes per the manual.

I usually change the oil every 4k, and the filter every other change.

Mobil 1 ia actually not that great of oil.They had a top ten oil list and think mobil didnt make it and its not rated for MC's.Depends on your driving habits.Mine is mostly highway so I can go longer, but i dont.2-3k on oil and it gets changed.Guess I am finiky that way.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 full synthetic, is specific for motorcycles. I use it because I can usually get it for $6 a quart. It does fairly decent in my bike!

Oh, I must have missed that stuff.Most shops tell me to stick with the petroleum oils.I wonder if valvoline racing oil would work.Has the needed zinc and whatever thats taken out of conventional oils for emissions.

You need to look for the JASO MA rating listed on the back of the bottle. That has the additive for the wet clutch system.

Mobil 1. Don't let anyone else change your oil. They will put the cheapest oil in the shop in there no matter what they say or they charge you......

What crazyarch says, this is my first post cept for my intro, so just what I think.

Just completed 616 miles on my first Gen 2 so its in for its first service, It dosen't go to a dealer, it will never see a dealer, its now disapeared off anyones radar, its my third Busa I'm not expecting anything major and will fix it myself rather than have anyone let loose on it.

I have used the same oil in my bikes since 2002 its been in my Honda Fireblade my Gixxerthou, three Busa's (and even in My H-D Fat Boy, we all have a cross to bear)
In British SuperBike Racing it is used by Rizzla Suzuki and Airwaves Ducati.
I buy from a local oil distributor in 25 Litres so it is as cheap as chips compared to buying from retailers (Fries US speak)
Anyhow here is the Spec:-

Q8 MOTO SBK Racing 10W-50
Q8 MOTO SBK Racing 10W-50 is a high performance, fully synthetic engine oil for use in motorcycles. It has been designed with race proven technology and is compatible with all wet clutch systems. Using the latest additive technology, Q8 MOTO SBK Racing 10W-50 meets the lates Japanese, American and European specifications. It is an extreme high performance four stroke motorcycle engine oil designed for use in all riding conditions including off-road and endurance. It is also recommended for the latest high performance multi valve engines with catalysts

Specifications API SL, JASO MA, ACEA A3

Best regards Stretch

Amsoil with K&N filter. Run it for 7K miles and change.

I feel like I'm slacking letting it go 2000 miles between changes...I like to change every 1500 miles or so using full synthetic Alisyn oil.

I feel like I'm slacking letting it go 2000 miles between changes...I like to change every 1500 miles or so using full synthetic Alisyn oil.

??? ??? ??? ???

I'm fully aware how pointless it is to discuss religious issues on the intardwebs, however..... assuming you're not trolling.... you truly are throwing $$$ down the drain and leaving a significant carbon footprint by changing oil that frequently. However... it's your bike, your $$$ to do with as you please.

But that Alisyn oil is very, very good stuff.... serious biz, you should consider lengthening your change interval, particularly using that Alisyn oil.

Back