Photo shop help plz

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I have been messin with photo shop for hrs, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRG! I have a Kanji symbol but when I make it larger it gets distorted. Anyone got a real clean copy? If not ( and your a photo shop expert ... ) here is the copy I have if you have the time & know how clean it up and e-mail back to me plz. Thanx - Kent

KMC1960@msn.com

Here's what I have :

hayabusa.JPG

so_cal

Registered
This outghta work for ya, I took the logo you posted into photoshop and used SI to make it huge then I used unsharp mask at 500% with a low threshold, then I converted to bitmap mode to get the hard edges then back to grayscale so i could save as a jpeg. So the final result is this, the kanji at about 10" by 10" at 300 dpi.

http://www.dsevent.com/personal/kanji.jpg

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Thanx guyz - I knew some of ya's knew how. Now could ya stop by my place and show me what to do...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

jwcfbd

Administrator
Registered
This outghta work for ya, I took the logo you posted into photoshop and used SI to make it huge then I used unsharp mask at 500% with a low threshold, then I converted to bitmap mode to get the hard edges then back to grayscale so i could save as a jpeg. So the final result is this, the kanji at about 10" by 10" at 300 dpi.
Are you sure that it's big enough?
laugh.gif

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Thanx for your help so-cal but it is still printing out funky. Does anyone know where a clean copy allready exists so you guyz dont have to go to a lot of trouble?
Obviously the one on the Bike is very clean... I was just lookin at my brochure again and thats the way i would like it.
- Kent

so_cal

Registered
yea, that ones aight but it still has some jaggies cause it came from not the best original, my dad wants a sticker for his truck made up so im gonna come up with a high quality original one of these days. Ill post it up when I get it. I may end up photographing one then tracing it in illustrator. Either way i will hook you guys up when i got a perfect copy.

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
What you need is a vector output file. I happen to have made one a while back in Illustrator. You can make it as big as you want and it will always be clear. Let me know if you want it.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHobbs