Photo shop help plz

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I have been messin with photo shop for hrs, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRG! I have a Kanji symbol but when I make it larger it gets distorted. Anyone got a real clean copy? If not ( and your a photo shop expert ... ) here is the copy I have if you have the time & know how clean it up and e-mail back to me plz. Thanx - Kent

KMC1960@msn.com

Here's what I have :

hayabusa.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This outghta work for ya, I took the logo you posted into photoshop and used SI to make it huge then I used unsharp mask at 500% with a low threshold, then I converted to bitmap mode to get the hard edges then back to grayscale so i could save as a jpeg. So the final result is this, the kanji at about 10" by 10" at 300 dpi.

http://www.dsevent.com/personal/kanji.jpg

Thanx guyz - I knew some of ya's knew how. Now could ya stop by my place and show me what to do...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

This outghta work for ya, I took the logo you posted into photoshop and used SI to make it huge then I used unsharp mask at 500% with a low threshold, then I converted to bitmap mode to get the hard edges then back to grayscale so i could save as a jpeg. So the final result is this, the kanji at about 10" by 10" at 300 dpi.
Are you sure that it's big enough?
laugh.gif

Thanx for your help so-cal but it is still printing out funky. Does anyone know where a clean copy allready exists so you guyz dont have to go to a lot of trouble?
Obviously the one on the Bike is very clean... I was just lookin at my brochure again and thats the way i would like it.
- Kent

yea, that ones aight but it still has some jaggies cause it came from not the best original, my dad wants a sticker for his truck made up so im gonna come up with a high quality original one of these days. Ill post it up when I get it. I may end up photographing one then tracing it in illustrator. Either way i will hook you guys up when i got a perfect copy.

Some one e-mailed me one from another site ( shhhhhhhh ) not bad.

Kanji_clean.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need is a vector output file. I happen to have made one a while back in Illustrator. You can make it as big as you want and it will always be clear. Let me know if you want it.

Back