Oil type

Amsoil rules. 10w30 changed every 1500 miles or less, filter every other change (Suzuki filter). I buy it direct from Amsoil by the case (cheaper plus then you have what you need for the summer hopefully). The smoother shifting is worth it by itself, and my bike at least runs noticeably cooler. My baby is worth it - waste or no waste, it runs better with it - end of story!

0w30 and 5w30 synthetics are also available but do not recommend unless you need the low-temp crankability or change the oil out very often.

At least I know how to pronounce Fuchs (just joking with ya Rev!).

You do not increase HP with Sytetic oil.  
You might want to check out the oil tests/reviews in Sport Rider magazine.

Although I would tend to agree that no REAL hp advantage is to be had, they proved that you do in fact get increased HP with synthetic. Even they were surprised.

I am not making this up, only repeating what they tested. Very good articles BTW if anyone wants to read up - get the back issues and check them out or maybe someone can post (I have no scanner).

Hmmmm I talked to my local Suzuki certified mechanic and he stated that if you change your oil every 3k you can use any oil for normal riding/use. I change both the oil and filter every 3k miles using regular motorcycle oil and have had no problems. Typically about $25 a change, I'm thinking about changing over to an automotive synthetic blend.

So the new question is whether an automotive synthetic blend is better than standard dino motorcycle oil
rock.gif

Back