Motorcycle License

Who has their Motorcyle License?

• Yes I have it and ride.

Votes: 80 96.4%
  • Nope, don't have it and still ride.

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
I watched a guy on a Harley fail his test, went home and got the busa, passed the first time, lowered and stretched! In Sc you can ride with a permit but you can't have a passenger and you have to be in before it's dark.

Sent from my hayabusa!

I've had my class M for about 20 years now. Never took the MSF course because it wasn't required in Tx when I got mine. It is now though..

Well what do you expect them to say OFFICER :)

I have no license. Not one for the bike, the gun or the drugs I carry.
Is that better :laugh:
:laugh: its a closed poll. its not like anyone is gonna know who checks no....:dunno: im sure there are more Busa owners with MC licenses then ur standard liter bike owner or HD owner for that matter but cmon not everyone who has clicked on this thread has their MC license. if so then I apologize in advance.....:whistle:

I will say that the majority of Busa owners I have met do ride pretty responsibly and are generally older so I guess it would stand to indicate that more Busa owner are licensed then others in general.

Busa owners are usually older, more established and with more at risk. Along with a more mature understanding and fear of the consequences I think this is why a higher percentage of us have licenses.

Young kids on 600s still haven't made the mistakes you and I have learned from.

At work I know three guys that have been riding over 10 years without a permit. All three guys are close to 50 years old and all ride H.Ds

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I watched a guy on a Harley fail his test, went home and got the busa, passed the first time, lowered and stretched! In Sc you can ride with a permit but you can't have a passenger and you have to be in before it's dark.

Sent from my hayabusa!

Can't leave the state either :whistle:

I rode with a group out of West Virginia, came home to get my License and was talking about my trip when the DMV lady told me to read the back of my permit. End of story time :laugh:

I took mine on the Busa, no issues. Had not been on a bike in 26 years. Had to do the stop and go three times. The lady finally told me I was doing it to fast and she couldn't get a time on me. :laugh: I worried about the serpentine section. The Busa gets long through the little cones.

New Mexico requires the MSF class if you do not carry a previous endorsement. The smart thing they do is accept the MSF as both the written and practical part of the test. Took the course at Thunderbird Harley Davidson on the wonderful Buell Blast Cough Cough. I'm 6"4" and looked like a clown in a Circus on that one. Went to the DMV and got my endorsement. I wouldn't even attempt to ride without an endorsement, insurance etc. I would also say if you get caught without it or insurance the penalties should be severe.

I am the 1 person that voted no :laugh: I live in Texas and took the course back in March when I first got my busa. I passed the test and learned a lot. I have yet to get my endorsement because of the wait at the DMV. I have a few vacation days next month and I will take it then. Written part only unless you are randomly selected to take the driving test. Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

what is stupid about Connectciut is you pay $200 to take this course for which you have to pass a written exam and practical exam and then you have to go to DMV to take another written exam.??? they give you a little card that says you have passed the MSF test and you are also entered into DMV as doing so. this I guess so they know you actually took the course and passed it vs. getting a phony card made up or something.

you would think the fact that they are making it mandatory to take the MSF course that they would incorporate the written that you have to take with the course as a complete course completion.

you dont have to take a second practical exam so why should you have to take a second written exam? its just another way to screw the residents of Connecticut and tax you on something else cause the fee is $35 to take the exam at DMV.

and the test at the MSF course was a 100 questions. the test at DMV is 16 questions....:whistle:

I've been rockin the permit for 7 years now. They will no longer renew it for me so i had to take the riding test. took it last thursday on the busa and passed first time. The cones were very close together but managed to not hit any. they wanted me to go in and out of the cones, do a u turn and come back at the end. the guy (who also rode), told me since i was on a busa that he would let me swing it out real wide then come back in so i wouldnt have to try to make a turn that sharp

I have had my CY for six years and only ridden for 3 summers. I got mine with my buddy and his dad because they got theirs. To Blanca Busa, are you saying I'm mature for my age? I bought my busa at 23 and already had my CY.

First thing I ever did on a motorcycle was take the MSF course. Then I helped teach it for 3 summers. Then I got my license, my own bike and finally started riding on the street. All before getting my first car or driving regularly. I recommend my way! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back