Latest Revision to the Army Motorcycle Safety Program Oct 2011

I disagree because you would be turned away at the gate. The guards will not let you on base unless you are in compliance, period.

If you are off base and are riding, you are not required to have on the fluorescent vest, but it is highly encouraged of course. If you were not planning to ride onto base and do not have your vest, you will be parking it at the gate and walking to your destination.

Actually that is not correct for all branches the AF states that during daylight hours both on and off base you must wear either the reflective vest with 24" sq in of reflective material or brightly colored contrasting colors. The uniform does not count as contrasting colors and reflective vests must be worn in uniform at all times. Durning hours of darkness you must rear the reflective vest or similar no matter on base or off.

Actually that is not correct for all branches the AF states that during daylight hours both on and off base you must wear either the reflective vest with 24" sq in of reflective material or brightly colored contrasting colors. The uniform does not count as contrasting colors and reflective vests must be worn in uniform at all times. Durning hours of darkness you must rear the reflective vest or similar no matter on base or off.

You are absolutely right, I stand corrected.

nope, all this stuff hasn't hit the Marine Corps yet, we just have to wear all of our gear and take the proper courses. it used to not be that way and we had to wear all the reflective stuff and were a lot more strick.

I was part of the committee that recommended removing the Reflective Vest from PPE to the Assistant Commandant a few years back; we all looked at that as a win. I think the Marine Corps perspective is very reasonable with respect to training - especially with what is provided... I mean contracted courses from Keith Code? Nope - I don't mind a bit! :)

I remember having to do all that stuff AND the changes through the years.

The problem is all these guys deployee, come back with a chunk of tax free money and go plop it down on a bike with ZERO experience. They then try to be a BA and ride like idiots and either severally hurt or kill themselves. The military has lost a LOT of riders in the last few years because of this.

That is why you are seeing all of these changes... :beerchug:

Back