Formal Mortorcycle Training - Who has & Who has not?

The course was the best possible move for me as a rider. I knew how to "ride" and bike but the training taught me things first hand that every rider should know. I have also saw people take the course and break limbs in class. You either have it or you don't. The course just seemed to put my head in the right place and create awareness and safety minded riding.

I haven't had any formal training but I do intend to goto a course, with the one in Spokane near me I don't have much of a an excuse not to.

40 years riding with no crashes on the street. Don't get me started about drops....

Took the MSF course back around 1985. Been on track for 10K miles or so and been down twice. Once was a cold tire lowside on the first out lap and one a customer T-boned me from the grass. (Never saw it coming.)

My fiancè and I both just completed our Motor Cycle Safety Foundation course the 2nd week of July and got the top 2 grades in the class. Anyone familiar with how they grade, the lower the score the better and I received a 3 and her a 6 on a scale that 0 is perfect and 21 I believe they said is barely passing. The only reason I scored a 3 was because I slowed down too much in a 135 degree curve and based on the stop watch time I got the 3 points. After the class we were both asked if we had interest in becoming instructors ourselves. We had both been riding a while, but did not have our Indiana endorsement on our license therefore we completed the course to get a waiver from taking the state issued skills test on our own bikes because let's face it, that test is extremely difficult on a sport bike!

Back