It is my honor to join these forums.

usmc1775

Registered
Hello, my name is Brian and I am currently 17 years old, and a Junior in High School. I plan on joining the Marine Corps when I graduate and I appreciate the top banner that says that these forums sopport the troops and their mission. In the State of California, to get a Motorcycle License, you need to have a Driver's License and to pass the Motorcycle Saftey Foundation Course. It's not really a Motorcycle License, it is just an additional graphic on the Driver's License that the person is permitted to ride motorcycles. That is for people under 18, but the graphic thing still applies for any age. Anyways, sorry for my huge post, but I really love the Suzuki Hayabusa. I know most people in the world do not reccomend the Hayabusa as the first bike, but I just want some futher clarification under my circumstances. I plan on getting my Driver's License, MSF Course, and Motorcycle License when I'm 18. I have never gotten in trouble in my life. Believe it or not, I have not gotten any Detentions, not even Time-Outs. I am extremely respectful of the law, and I have never drank or done drugs. Even if I could afford a Lamborghini, I would not speed to 200 miles per hour. That is just not me. I am quite diciplined, and I always follow rules. After reading these things, do you still think the Suzuki Hayabusa is still not a good bike for me to begin with? I plan on buying it with my own future Marine Corps salary. I will hopefully get some sort of Military discount, or if they don't offer it, I'll just pay full price. Either way, I really love this bike, and love even more my country.:thumbsup:

Welcome, Brian! And thank you for having such a straight head on your shoulders. Your parents are most certainly proud of where you are heading in this wonderful life!

The Hayabusa is an amazing machine, but like any other machine it only does what it is told and reacts to situations because of how well rounded and experienced the operator is. With that, you can operate it on a simple level with ease. You can tool around a parking lot standing on the pegs at slow speeds and flog the living daylights out of it at speeds not normally recognised as a human being normally should.

As you learn to ride, you will learn to be alert to all that comes at you, from new traffic as you proceed, sounds, smells, altitudes (popping in your ears from climbing terrain) to a learned "sixth sense" that you can only obtain after many months and years of gathering and compiling information to lead you to the mature and focused point of,, making that correct decision to do opposite of what would be considered - wrong!

We all make mistakes and that is what life is about! However, making mistakes and not learning from them brings us full circle BACK into the same mistake,, and sometimes coming back into the same mistake can prove fatal,, depending on what or where you are when all of that happens.

But, what it really comes down to is respect! respect of yourself. Respect of those you love. Respect of those around you! When you can think selflessly and move to the next step in your path whether it be signing an agreement to serve your Nation or to actually waking up with the attitude that NOTHING can change your positive mental image of life,, then, and only then you will have begun a life long mastery of what it takes to deserve the best of the best!

Be safe. Buy all of your proper gear first before the bike. Take it slow and remember,,, all that you do today determines how tomorrow will be!

welcome aboard, is it a good first bike well it depends. You can kill yourself on a 600 or a hayabusa depending on how you choose to control the bike. That being said it solely depends on you. if your responsible and respect (mixed with a little fear) the power it can provide then yes it is an excellent choice. now bear in mind were pretty busa "friendly" here go figure. whatever you do take some excellent advise from cookie gear up properly. This has been know to save a life (yes even on 600's :laugh:). And remember it's not the fall that hurts it's that darn sudden stop that does. :whistle:

:welcome::welcome:

personally I think you already know the answer to your own question... :)

Welcome aboard and Semper Fi.
Don't listen to the wanna-be wimpy Army boys. :moon::poke: Marine Corps detractors.:laugh:
You made a good choice with both the United States Marine Corps and the Busa.
Stick around a while and learn all you can.

Thank you for volunteering to serve this great country.

First, welcome to the oRg. I have nothing but respect for you Brian. :bowdown:

You'll get a thousand answers to this question but in the end, it's up to you to decide what you want and what you're willing to do to get it. You may want to start pricing insurance first. At your age, it can be pretty high and that alone may determine what CC bike you'll be able to get for starters.

Whatever you choose to buy, you will always have friends here. We have Ducati and GSXR owners here, Harley riders, etc. Keep us posted on whatever you choose to do and don't ever be afraid to ask questions.

:welcome: Brian and you sounds like my oldest son, he too wants a busa.
I also agree with what Cookie said. :beerchug:

Welcome aboard and Semper Fi.
Don't listen to the wanna-be wimpy Army boys. :moon::poke: Marine Corps detractors.:laugh:
You made a good choice with both the United States Marine Corps and the Busa.
Stick around a while and learn all you can.

Thank you for volunteering to serve this great country.

its not semper fi its simpli fi since the marines are not known for their intelligence :moon:

The member formerly known as Tex_Garza has been banned for life ...
:poke: :rofl: :moon:

Welcome, Brian! And thank you for having such a straight head on your shoulders. Your parents are most certainly proud of where you are heading in this wonderful life!

The Hayabusa is an amazing machine, but like any other machine it only does what it is told and reacts to situations because of how well rounded and experienced the operator is. With that, you can operate it on a simple level with ease. You can tool around a parking lot standing on the pegs at slow speeds and flog the living daylights out of it at speeds not normally recognised as a human being normally should.

As you learn to ride, you will learn to be alert to all that comes at you, from new traffic as you proceed, sounds, smells, altitudes (popping in your ears from climbing terrain) to a learned "sixth sense" that you can only obtain after many months and years of gathering and compiling information to lead you to the mature and focused point of,, making that correct decision to do opposite of what would be considered - wrong!

We all make mistakes and that is what life is about! However, making mistakes and not learning from them brings us full circle BACK into the same mistake,, and sometimes coming back into the same mistake can prove fatal,, depending on what or where you are when all of that happens.

But, what it really comes down to is respect! respect of yourself. Respect of those you love. Respect of those around you! When you can think selflessly and move to the next step in your path whether it be signing an agreement to serve your Nation or to actually waking up with the attitude that NOTHING can change your positive mental image of life,, then, and only then you will have begun a life long mastery of what it takes to deserve the best of the best!

Be safe. Buy all of your proper gear first before the bike. Take it slow and remember,,, all that you do today determines how tomorrow will be!

Wow, thats about the best post I have ever heard..So true:bowdown:

Wow, that is cool.
I wish I had been that good as a young man.
:welcome: to the org and I am sure when you are ready to purchase you will make the right decisions.
Ride safe and sage.
Where in Cali are you?
Bubba

:welcome:

We'll always be here to give you background on information you're seeking, youngster. You will make your own decisions; and will hopefully take to heart the knowing words of those who have gone down those roads before you.

No one here would ever purposefully steer you wrong. Best wishes, (future) Marine!

Carry on.

Hate to burst your bubble but you won't be able to afford it unless you have rich parents. 18, State of California, Hayabusa, $$$$$$$ Your insurance will be freakin ridiculous. Have fun on a 600 or a 750, then when you insurance company recognizes that you are responsible, step up to the mighty Busa.

Back