More infor on the BKING

Welcome aboard blsenterprises. Glad to see we are getting more B-King owners.

I'm well over 400 on mine and really only complain about the paint scratching and swirling easily. Other than that, my Bee is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

I will be interested in your long-distance ride report. Let me know how you figure out the "luggage" issue. So far, I haven't found anything that works. And don't even think about a tank bag. I bought one of the smallest ones made and it still wont work. I hope they get some removable bags soon. The exhaust cans make even the textile ones very "iffy".

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I like them but the rear has to go

beerchug.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
beerchug.gif
I like them but the rear has to go[/quote] LOL well the dam thing is so fast you never have to worry about looking at the rear very long. So I guess the problem is solved. And does it bother me? I never look back because I was already there!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Ahhh...I think for most of us who wanted, waited and finally got our B-Kings, we really like the way it looks. I know I do...I even like the "weirdness" of the rear-end because it's different than anything else. That's one of the major points of the bike.

Philosophically, the B-King is about excess. And it achieves this excess from within, normally the most conservative class of motorcycles. Even though it's a "standard", there is nothing standard about it. Cruisers are associated with giving up performance for comfort and chrome. Sportbikes are associated with giving up comfort for performance. Standards tend to compromise in most areas in order to meet the needs of a lot of diverse people in a practical, conservative way.

And then along comes the B-King. IMHO it is an eclectic collection of what's best in motorcycles. It's got the best engine from the sportbikes. It has the best comfort from the standards and cruisers. It handles like a big sportbike but better than a sport-tourer. It has the absolutely unique appearance of a custom and it's extremely civilized in all ways until you unleash it. There is no other production motorcycle that has all of these things. As such, it SHOULD look a bit different than other bikes. And, thankfully, it does.

I have no desire to make my Bee "more like" anything else out there. I don't want to add chrome, plastic, new paint or decals. I don't want to "tone down" the rear-end so it looks more like other bikes. In fact, I'm glad it doesn't appeal to everyone. I like the idea of not seeing copies of it on every street corner.

It's good to be the B-King!
ThumbsUp.gif

Well said B-Rex... I think that make it very clear and to the point. Thats why we use our bikes and we don't park them for extended lengths of time like other riders. If there is nothing special about them they just sit around too much not being used.

tree_motorcycle_717729.jpg

Thanks Rex for the welcome....I would like to eventually get some luggage, but for now my luggage is getting driven down. I'll just be backpacking smaller items while my suitcase is waiting on me. I want to eventually get some nice soft luggage that likes to go fast along with handwarmers for some tours to Canada. Thanks for the tip on the tank bag, I hope that I do find a nice combination that is tour worthy so I can really start to eat up some highway miles. I plan on throwing the microns on here in the near future which should really open the beast up and let her breathe...can't wait.

Well Im up to around 250 miles on the king. We had a few nice days and the temps once got up into the 60s. I have started to crank on her some and the bike is smooth and has a ton of power. Right now I can say that the King gets up to speed quicker than my Busa. My Busa is no dog, not by a long shot. But the king has lower gears and a little more HP and tork and it shows. Leaving off the line then rolling into her its easy to carry the front tire off the ground a few inches all the way to red line. Hit second gear and its back up in the air again. I know I could get more air with ease but I have a point where its my comfort zone for carrying the front tire under acceleration and I hold her there. Man I love this bike! I have had the Busa out and I love my busa but both bikes shine in there own special way. What makes the B-King fun is acceleration... pure go power for the real world. I have found there are a bunch of people that have no idea what a B-King is or what it can do. And the fun of having a bike that people see you seated upright on and they decide because their on a sport bike they can pick on ya. The fun of seeing them nail it to pull away and you then blow by them fast enough to suck the paint off their bike! I was laughing out loud several times on a few of my rides. So what can I say the bike brings all kinds of looks, from people that think its the ugliest bike ever. To people that think its beautiful and even alien looking. If your a person that can't take nut busting and people dirting your bikes looks don't buy this one.
beerchug.gif

I think that's part of the beauty in the B-King....it's kind of a sleeper bike. People think you are on just another "standard" until you accelerate with jaw dropping propulsion..it's great. Anyone got the Microns yet?

Back