Busa/BKing

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I've had my 08 Busa since May, and loved and ridden them for years. I have a gel seat and just raised the bars 1.25", but it's still not that comfortable anymore. It's not the bike, it's me, too many injuries over the years, and my body is no longer liking the lean(back and wrists).
My next step is a Corbin seat, and I really don't wanna lower the rear, I'm 5'10" and easily flatfoot the bike with a slightly bent knee.
I've had Corbins before and they're great, but time will tell if it's enough. If not...it pains me to say, but the Busa will have to go.
Any suggestions?
If I do sell it, I'll be replacing it with a BKing, haven't ridden one, but sitting on it, I know it's comfortable enough.

I honestly feel your pain but don't know if the BKing will help you out. My problem is a nerve between my shoulderblades and it hurts riding the Busa or a cruiser. Good Luck with whatever you do.

I am 6' 235lbs with poor flexibility in my hips. I have added the lower foot pegs and the heli bars. Both of these additives have really help me get both more comfortable and allow me to get lower to the tank.
On Dec 20, 2009, I was riding down a long downward slope with a wet,sharp left corner. I was up way to high on the bike, pulled that front break too hard and took a dump. I busted all my ribs on the left side.

I am now about ready to start riding again. I purchased a used seat and ready to sent it to New Image. I am hoping that the lowered seat will get me lower to the tank and get my elbows down lower.
Will that seat help? I heard on this board that the seat may interfere with hard leaning, but I am ok with that, providing that I can get my body lower on the bike.
Any thoughts is really appreciated.

Good luck with the mods. Hope you can find that sweet spot and keep the Busa.

I. Own both a gen 2 and the bking

the bking is by far the more
comfy bike and the one I want to ride more

Renting a motorcycle for a weekend that you feel would make you comfortable after riding is a good option also. could save you $$ in the long run.

I've had my 08 Busa since May, and loved and ridden them for years. I have a gel seat and just raised the bars 1.25", but it's still not that comfortable anymore. It's not the bike, it's me, too many injuries over the years, and my body is no longer liking the lean(back and wrists).
My next step is a Corbin seat, and I really don't wanna lower the rear, I'm 5'10" and easily flatfoot the bike with a slightly bent knee.
I've had Corbins before and they're great, but time will tell if it's enough. If not...it pains me to say, but the Busa will have to go.
Any suggestions?
If I do sell it, I'll be replacing it with a BKing, haven't ridden one, but sitting on it, I know it's comfortable enough.

Dude...loose the riser and belly up to the tank...i had the genmar 1.25" riser and after going from 247 too 172lbs?..my busa became more and more uncomfy...and the real problem was my disapating gut was no longer touching the tank (thereby supporting my lower back) and as the weight came off?...more and more weight wound up on my wrists..getting more leg room by moving my feet back with cyclecat rearsets helped greatly as well...now?..my busa is as comfy as taking a stool at the local bar...try it...you may be surprised and ya don't hafta trade'er in on that alien looking butt ugly roll'in exhaust system with the cannisters from he11. :whistle::poke::rofl:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

u will love the B-King they are nice.

i have the same issues , had a back injury last year and it hurts like hell just to sit on the busa , but i love it & will keep working at it till i get comfy , may try those rear sets :thumbsup:

Maybe a set of handlebars like this. It may involve a bit of work to get the wires, lines, and cables to reach, but a weekend in the garage and a few $$ seems worth it to keep the Busa.

carbon bars.jpg

I own a 05 Busa with Buell Pegs and HeliBars as well as a B King. The B King is the far more comfortable of the two. I am 6'1 235 with a 32 inch inseam. At speeds over 120mph the buffeting on the B King can get bad though.

Waitin on tax return to get a Corbin. I'de hate to get rid of the Busa, but if the new seat isn't enough, I may try a more upright bar. I wonder if the bars, triple clamps, controls, headlight, ect. off the BKing will bolt to the Busa, without fairings of course.
Rearsets are on the list too, they've just got a few things in front of them

I had an inch spacer, helibars, and buell pegs on mine before the end of winter. I found it pretty comfortable, much better than stock. The extra inch from the spacer really made a difference on top of the helibars. Only problem, the brake master cylinder would hit the inside of the windscreen, so I traded down to a .75" genmar riser instead of the 1" spacer. Now it barely clears with no scuffing.

If you want I can send you the 1" spacer kit to see if it makes enough of a difference for you.

-Nick

I had an inch spacer, helibars, and buell pegs on mine before the end of winter. I found it pretty comfortable, much better than stock. The extra inch from the spacer really made a difference on top of the helibars. Only problem, the brake master cylinder would hit the inside of the windscreen, so I traded down to a .75" genmar riser instead of the 1" spacer. Now it barely clears with no scuffing.

If you want I can send you the 1" spacer kit to see if it makes enough of a difference for you.

-Nick

Thanks, but I've got 1.25" spacers on there now. They've helped, but still not were I wanna be. Had a back injury in April and Oct last year. Since then I feel Alot more pressure on my wrists. Feels like the reach to the bars grew 2 feet. I also like rearsets adjusted up and back around 1.5", I'll get them at somepoint, but doubtful they will help how my wrists feel.
I had thought about helibars too, glad to know it'll work. I can have the spacers cut down too. My dad made them, he's an engineer, and has a lathe at home.
How much where the helibars? I see them for around $150

I guess I fail at reading comprehension. :laugh:

Helibars were $160 I think, they were the first thing I bought for the bike. I couldn't stand to ride it with the stock seat/handlebar position.

If it's back injuries bothering you, I'm guessing even with multiple spacers you probably won't be happy.

I did see some dirt bike handlebar conversion kits from some company in europe. Those might be worth looking into, it would look a bit funny but you could keep the plastics.

Or... trade up to a Concours 14. :D

Back