More busas on the road

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
~UPDATE~

Small world after all, turns out the guy that got the 2005 Red/Black Busa I worked with for a short amount of time. Before he had bikes, he had a mustang. It was claimed pretty quick, he was pretty confident he would smoke me in his stang lol. He had all the bolt ons you could put on the stang. Ofcourse I eagerly wanted to run him to prove him it still would have been no match. Don't you know the mustang is sold and the Busa is bought (had the 2001 R6 after the stang)

I saw him again and he was all raving about the bike, telling me how it lifted the wheel here, doing this etc. Fun listening to him tell these things as we all can relate from our first outings with the bike. He was excited. I asked him if it was ALOT faster than his stang, LOL he said going from 100 in the stang you couldnt feel it, on the bike the thing slingshots.

At my place of work, there is a girl I know, whos Husband's brother and dad just got Hayabusas.  So heres how it happened.  The father bought his 12k cash on a 2006 cran red/black.  The son had just got a used 01 R6, but rode his dads Busa...oh oh.   So now the son gave the R6 to his brother and to take over payments to buy the 04 or 05 blue/silver with 4k miles, cash.  So thats just 2 more busas in my area!  Who cares about the 14!!

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150553019 -->

A Family who rides their BUSAs together, is a family who stays together
wink.gif
. Now, that's a riding family who knows something
biggrin.gif

According to Suzuki, they sold 10,000 Hayabusas worldwide in 2005.

In comparison, Honda sells somewhere around 1,000 VFR's in the US.

It's no wonder Suzuki has left the bike pretty much alone for 7 years! It continuous to be a sales success.

It's no wonder Suzuki has left the bike pretty much alone for 7 years!  It continuous to be a sales success.
Unfortunately, I fear that this "continued" sales success is about to hit the skids should the 07 Busa not at least be updated to match the power of the ZX14. A lot of us are brand loyal, but I think that there are many more potential Busa buyers that will jump ship for the my bike is faster than yours "bragging rights" mentality.

Quote (Rogue_Biker @ June 06 2006,10:27)

It's no wonder Suzuki has left the bike pretty much alone for 7 years! It continuous to be a sales success.

Unfortunately, I fear that this "continued" sales success is about to hit the skids should the 07 Busa not at least be updated to match the power of the ZX14. A lot of us are brand loyal, but I think that there are many more potential Busa buyers that will jump ship for the my bike is faster than yours "bragging rights" mentality[/QUOTE]

would agree, if only Kawi gets some real data to show it smokes the Busa. Right now what I hear (I dont personally know anyone that has the ZX14) it is not clearly a winner at least on the street.

Who cares if the Kawi is supposed to be a little faster. It's still one ugly bike & I'll never switch no matter what the track numbers say. Everyone gets so caught up on 1/4 mile numbers when it doesn't matter on the street. Just enjoy whatever bike that feels the most comfortable to you & ride like you have some sense. Leave the speed riding to the guys who get paid for it on the track. I get so tired of seeing riders come thru the ER every summer with motorcycle fatalities that are mostly due to speeding at the wrong time. Believe me its hard to explain to your family that the meds I'm pumping into your body is just there to keep you here till we decide that modern medicine can do no more. So wise up out there & let's ride to ride another day.

It was not about numbers when I purchead by bike . It was more or less love at first sight. She just looked so sexy there on the showroom floor. I'm not hating on Kawasaki but no way I would take a brand new , Big Eyed ZX-14 over my Graceful 04 Japanese Falcon.

I have to admit when I first seen the Busa in 99 in Motorcycle weekly I was attracted to the numbers it put up. And I wasn't crazy about the color scheme but it grew on me. Now I wish I would have bought one back then. And I had a chance to pick one up really cheap. A guy had just traded his in after only putting less then 100 miles on for a cruiser a week after he got it. Said the power was crazy and it was goin to either kill him or make insurance to much to afford it. If I remember the dealer was askin 7500.00 for it. I couldn't afford it then dam it!!!!

And whats weird is for years I've only seen one or two on the road.. Now that I have one they are everywhere!!!!
mad.gif

Small world after all, turns out the guy that got the 2005 Red/Black Busa I worked with for a short amount of time. Before he had bikes, he had a mustang. It was claimed pretty quick, he was pretty confident he would smoke me in his stang lol. He had all the bolt ons you could put on the stang. Ofcourse I eagerly wanted to run him to prove him it still would have been no match. Don't you know the mustang is sold and the Busa is bought (had the 2001 R6 after the stang)

I saw him again and he was all raving about the bike, telling me how it lifted the wheel here, doing this etc. Fun listening to him tell these things as we all can relate from our first outings with the bike. He was excited. I asked him if it was ALOT faster than his stang, LOL he said going from 100 in the stang you couldnt feel it, on the bike the thing slingshots.

As long as bike sales don't fall dramatically, then the longer we will have to wait for the 2nd generation Busa.

I have an '06, my son has an '05. Just got back from a nice long ride. Can't begin to tell you how cool that is.

No 14 will see my garage.
I'm too vain to ride an ugly bike.

I'm out - gotta go comb my hair
biggrin.gif

I sold yet another Black & Cran the other day! +1!!!!

Small world even smaller, the whole time I was talking about busa_bill and his son! And didnot even know it till yesterday
smile.gif

But thats awesome Ted. The 06 colors are ALL my favorite Busa colors. They did very well on those ;)

Back