need more power from 07 busa

tommygunn

Registered
i just got this bad boy about 2 weeks ago. and now my buddy that i ride with just sold his R6 and is going to look at the zx14s and the 08 busas. hes one of those guys that cant stand for his friends to have something faster then him. well...im one of those guys too and really dont want to be outdone on a 30-150mph. not to crazy about top speed i just wanna be able to pull on him up to 150. i was thinking about droping a tooth on the front sprocket. will this do it if he gets a zx14? hes still not sure what hes gonna get. so my question is what will i need to do to take him from a roll?

you are
deadhorse.gif

You may just as well pony up and get your turbo system now..... (there is ALWAYS someone faster)

argue.gif
Are you guys going to do this only once, or is it going to be a constant battle of mods?

lol, not sure. we did the same thing with 4wheelers. i had a 400ex, then he went and got a 700raptor.. then i built my motor compleatly, then he built his..then i got a 600rr, then he got a r6, now i got a busa. i was just hoping i could slap a gear, tune, exaust, intake to get the job done and just tell him all i have is exaust. think that'll do it? guess i could always put a small shot on it but i dont wanna hurt the motor any.

There's a deeper problem here. No amount of mods are gonna make you faster.  Why not be the bigger man, and let the other guy take the "crown".  So what if he thinks he's faster.. There's ALWAYS gonna be a faster guy.

But, if you want some easy mods to help you get alittle faster here goes.

16th front countershaft sprocket, maybe even a 42th rear.
Lower the bike somewhat and use a frontend strap when racing.
Do the pairvalve mod, mainly weight reduction(10-lbs)
Anything you can do to remove weight helps.
A full 4into1 exhaust system drops alot of weight(about 35lbs) and can add up to 18hp

dude.. thats how people get hurt worying about being faster.. But get a full exhaust system i recomend Tiforce itll run about 1200 get a pc3usb around 275. a 43 tooth rear sprocket. Some web cams have them installed and degreed or screw it get full exhaust and a motor done by smithers a big bore kit and smoke his ass.
firedevil.gif

Or just buy my Bigbore Busa engine i have forsale. 190hp at the wheel.

gm thats what i said a bigbore busa motor. the one smithers had for sale was like 230 Rear wheel horsepower tottaly done up for like 5800 serious power there. And most of all more reliable then a turbo system. LEss to go wrong.

mabey i should have said i dont have much money to spend right now so a big bore or new motor is out of the question. its not really a big deal so i dont wanna put over 1 grand into it right now.. she still seems like a beast to me... im just looking to do small things that will get the most for my money

i have full brocks exh with pc3 brocks map,air box modded and 1 tooth down in frt on my 07 and i`m about dead even with my buddy and his new zx-14..i think the 06 14`s are faster??? yea his is stock and he ways about 25 lbs more than me but i can live with that..if i get the jump he can`t catch me!!!
beerchug.gif

So you do the little mods then he does his,then you do the big mods,then he does his....
laugh.gif

A sprocket change will give you the most improvement for the dollar.

How about a dry nitrous kit hidden in the hump?  Throw an extra 40 ponies at it.
thats what im leanin towards. just doing a slip on exhaust, tune, down 1 tooth and a 40shoot with the bottle hid. i just dont wanna have a nitrous backfire or mess the motor up. id would seriously proberly only use it a few times when i ran him. but i would never tell him that it was on the gas. is this a safe route to go?

dont do sli[ ons youl regret it save your money for a full system there good for soud but not really big performance gainers beleive me im in the same boat. And now am saving for a Tiforce full system

do the stock pipes really hold back that much power? i just have a hard time putting up $1200 for a full system unless i would really notice a gain other then sound

To be honest dude anytime you do any kind of modification to make more power, nothings a 100% safe there always a chance something can go wrong.

Back