I street race almost everyday...

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I never have any fun! The last real race I was involved with was some outta towner in a black vette, on my 86 ninja 1000... he practically STOPS infront of me at the start of an on ramp, so I drop down to 1st and coast real slow - didn't know what he was doing, cept being dumb... so he takes off and I take off just so I can have my OWN onramp fun, at 130 or so at the end of the onramp, I back off and merge and he keeps flying. I couldn't really get on it with him in my way. I guess we were racing..... oookay.... you win???

Anyhow, no one seems to bother a busa
sad.gif
I hate that. Maybe I should start instigating, pulling up next to big cars and gunning it, or doing burnouts. That just seems... um.... non "Busa mantality" like to me. This weekend, we were out cutting it up and this white stang crosses us at an intersection, sees us and hammers it out into the back roads. So of course we went after him. Caught up quick and found him sandwhiched tween 2 other cages. We'll we had to show him we meant business so we passed the whole pack, and he followed suit when it was safe. Then we turned left on our favorite 5 mile stretch, but my buddy didn't know I was teasing the stang so he went ahead and took off for his high speed fun. I road easy for a bit and let him get way ahead so me and stang could safely take a full lane. Stangy realized I was putzing so he hammered it around me probably to show off to his female passenger. Fine. I checked the road and pulled into the oncoming lane and siddled up next to him - we were probably at 75 or 80.
FINALLY I thought, FINALLY Someone wants to play! Out in the middle of nowhere, a safe environment, a good sport, a decent car... YES!!

I look over and motion for him to take off when ever, but he's shaking his head and pointing to the left side of the road. Huh? I back way off and pull in behind him, and he signals and pulls into the next driveway.

I honk and wave and head on down to catch my buddy.

Opportunity lost. Dang it!

What do you all think? Better to provoke and race, or play it cool and maybe live on reputation alone?

I know how you fell.
I fell when I had smaller bike, everybody tried to race me.

Nowadays, I had about 5 good races.

I provoque all the time, but the thing is when I provoque I am out the picture. Maybe I should start teasing, making the other one believe he has a chance.

I think provoking is ok as long it's safe like in your story.

I get people that try and keep up with me on the freeway but not race me....one guy got next to me and was so busy looking at my bike that he began drifting in my lane....needless to say that was the last time he saw my bike.

But yeah, nobody has tried to race me yet. Its kind of nice having that respect out of the gate...there really is nothing to prove here.

The other day I was @ a stop light and a couple was crossing the street ... The guy's eyes lite up when he saw my bike and said to his wife/ GF "Hey, that is a Hayabusa, the fastest motorcycle in the world!! He asked me " It does what 195mph?!"

I just nodded and drove away not wanting to spoil his excitement.

Better luck next time, be careful though, there are some stangs out there that will uh.....Just be careful!

In group rides I have to gun it once in while so the rider behind can test their bike against a Busa. It's very common. I know how it was when I rode a 750cc bike to try to keep up with the liter bikes. Because I know it's good for the ego to keep up with them. I don't gun it too hard
cool.gif

Group rides when the liter bike rider ahead floors it. To see how the Busa keeps up, I'm all over their ass in fractions of seconds. How things have changed
tounge.gif

Did you know?

Just a little something for you race happy guys to think about? If you are caught racing it's an automatic "Reckless Driving" ticket which means it's mandatory for you to spend the night in jail, your bike is strapped by some yahoo in a tow truck, hauled to the empound yard, leaving your prized scooter with belt marks on the tail section where they lifted it. Some $7K later you will be walking the streets again, not being able to buy insurance at any price! That's the easy part. If the chump you are racing hurts himself or someone else as a result of the race you can easily be stuck with giving up 25% of your income for the rest of your life to take care of someone with permenant injuries. Or if the cager hits someone and or simply crashes and there is a death as a result, you will be charged with manslaughter and very likely spend up to five years in the big house as well as being financially responsible for his/her death.

Just something to think about before you decide to twist the throttle when invited to race on the streets! Here in Washington we have a number of guys in prison as a result of crashes while racing on public roads. If there is a crash, you can run but you never know if someone got your plate number before the action got heated? Be Careful and think before you act!

It is the same way here in GA. Very few want to play, that is usually all I want to do is blow the sut out of my engine with someone!! The only person to rev at me was a neon srt4. I laughed inside b/c secretly I like these cars. So I take off slow and he barks into second gear, not to be out done I roll on it and go....he flashes his lights and turns off. I'm like...dang it!! Now we always in our group rides get 750's and 1000's wanting to play some with the big boys. God I love that.

Thankfully we have a lot of back country roads here where no one will get hurt, other than the bikers if something were to happen!!

I've had a couple of guys in cages try to keep up while I'm "getting up to speed" on an on-ramp (a two lane on-ramp). I didn't even know they were there until I got on the interstate and let off... I've considered toying with them on occasion, but I-80 is not the place....

Greg, you're going to have to show me some of these roads one of these days.

Put your lft leg in wraps and your right arm in a cast. You will look lik you can not beat anyone.
wow.gif

Better luck next time, be careful though, there are some stangs out there that will uh.....Just be careful!
Like he says, be carefull, I have a couple of guys I know, which will not touch the busa off the line, but will cautch us and if you don't have a TRE pass you. Yes I said it, pass. They both have over 600 hp to the rear and do high 9 quaters miles.

Did you know?

Just a little something for you race happy guys to think about? If you are caught racing it's an automatic "Reckless Driving" ticket which means it's mandatory for you to spend the night in jail, your bike is strapped by some yahoo in a tow truck, hauled to the empound yard, leaving your prized scooter with belt marks on the tail section where they lifted it. Some $7K later you will be walking the streets again, not being able to buy insurance at any price! That's the easy part. If the chump you are racing hurts himself or someone else as a result of the race you can easily be stuck with giving up 25% of your income for the rest of your life to take care of someone with permenant injuries. Or if the cager hits someone and or simply crashes and there is a death as a result, you will be charged with manslaughter and very likely spend up to five years in the big house as well as being financially responsible for his/her death.

Just something to think about before you decide to twist the throttle when invited to race on the streets! Here in Washington we have a number of guys in prison as a result of crashes while racing on public roads. If there is a crash, you can run but you never know if someone got your plate number before the action got heated? Be Careful and think before you act!
Take it to the track or a dragstrip.

Much as I like to thrash it down a country lane or burn rubber on a straight miles from anywhere on my own or with a group of bikers, I'm not a fan of racing anybody at the drop of a hat who's got something to prove or an overinflated ego.

It can lead to really stupid/fatal/expensive mistakes where they try to beat you by exceeding the capabilities of their vehicle and/or their driving expertise.

Did you know?

A word of caution about street racing from a guy whose signature line is "Wheelie King" is there some irony here? Seriously, it is good advice....

Whats wrong with the I-80? i have to take a trip their on friday, gonna be on it for like 630 miles...lots o troopers? gimme the heads up!
biggrin.gif

Back