Mode selector

RedATAC

Registered
This has probably already been asked somewhere else on this forum, but does anyone know if setting the mode selector to C or B gives you better gas mileage? Thanks

I wanna know if anyone makes a retro unit that goes there with a simple kill switch on it nothing else.
Can I put an older one on it and disconnect any wires related to mode selector?

It does not help with gas mileage. I thought it may on long rides, but I have not noticed.. if it does help it would be minimal at best.

Has anyone figured out if the mode selector is capable of retaining diferent maps with the ecu flash? A for street B for track C for land speed maybe?

Has anyone figured out if the mode selector is capable of retaining diferent maps with the ecu flash? A for street B for track C for land speed maybe?

not yet, but with a toggle switch you can do 2 seperate maps, there is the ability to really have 6 individual maps, 2 for A, 2 for B, 2 for C, but the complexity of that is kinda crazy. IMO having dual maps on a toggle is easy enough and will suit most people.

with the flip of a switch you can have a different fuel and ignition map.

i use my c mode around town and daily riding , i figure less hp makes lees strain on the drivline parts ...might be working i have 6000 miles on mine never needed the chain adjusted still looks new and my back tire also went 6000 miles only replaced it because of our straight roads here cause them to wear out the middles. went to a bt21 tire to help stop that

I must disagree with those that say "c" mode doesnt help mpg. I use c mode for my 20 mile ride to work and 20 miles back home. I get 43 to 45 mpg. The only time I get to open it up is on a 5 mile stretch of interstate. The rest of the ride is Red light to red light.
Now in A mode driving the same route and the same style of riding I get 28/33 mpg.

I must disagree with those that say "c" mode doesnt help mpg. I use c mode for my 20 mile ride to work and 20 miles back home. I get 43 to 45 mpg. The only time I get to open it up is on a 5 mile stretch of interstate. The rest of the ride is Red light to red light.
Now in A mode driving the same route and the same style of riding I get 28/33 mpg.

LOL...bullchit!

I'm sorry, but there's no other way to call this.

First of all, C mode doesn't allow the "same style of riding."

Second...I never use anything other than A mode and never get less than 45 mpg.

Third (and most important): We're riding the fastest production motorcycle ever made. Who the living feck CARES about mpg?

x1000. C mode has saved me a couple of times I'm sure. It's possible to keep the rear tire where it needs to be in A mode but why take the risk.

Yes indeedy...risk is something we ALL need to keep to a minimum. That's why we all keep our Busas in the garage in anything else than optimum conditions and drive Volvos right?

Sheesh!

Back