Miserable Weather...

:laugh:

I'm dreading the coming week Flats,it's 37.8 degrees here right now and I'm not at all looking forward to getting into a wetsuit @6:00 AM(though at the coast it should high 40's by then and water temp is still holding @ 60 degrees).:laugh:

I'll keep the cold to stay dry. :laugh: Last night we bottomed out at -5°F, at least the wind was only blowing 5mph, the previous night was -2° with 25-30mph wind. That will wake you up at 0430.

Yeah it will.:laugh:I'm either going in tomorrow or Friday(took today off)to finish my route,water temp. is now 58 degrees which is cold enough to chill the boys.:laugh:

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful bike! Was very sad they decided not to import to US/Canada:banghead: 2 valves per cylinder and loads of useable torque, what a great machine!

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful bike! Was very sad they decided not to import to US/Canada:banghead: 2 valves per cylinder and loads of useable torque, what a great machine!

4 valve (16 valve head) and 1402cc, air / oil cooled like an early Bandit 12 or GSXR1100.

The valve size and smaller throttle body's limit the top end but make it very grunty.
If you have deep pockets there are folk like Phil Tainton Racing doing 1620cc / 160hp conversions
(I know to two 1620 bikes he's done) but to be honest the steel frame, twin shock old 6-pot front end isn't ideal.

I have looked at dropping a GSX1400 motor into a smaller bike but the engine is physically wider
across the crank cases and sump than any of the air or oil cooled GSX's, GSXR's or Bandit inline 4's.
Won't fit between the lower frame rails on any of the other models without major frame surgery.

It's very much a stand alone engine and not a modded version of something else.

Mine is a crashed wreck I fixed up, was VERY cheap. I've jacked the rear up 30mm, full Yoshi system,
fork brace, PC3, etc etc. it should have chrome clocks but mine were smashed and it now wears an
aftermarket KOSO dash and Renthals bars.

I won't replace my Busa or B-King but its a great cheap bike to have as well as...

image.jpg
image uploading

Thanks for the compliments guys.

32 Degrees C in the shed, about 30 C outside.

I think that's about 90 degrees F in the US ?

No rain for the last 3 days but still quite humid after last weekends storm.

well today here in the good old state of iowa the current temp is -5 with -40 wind chill....Kids out of school today as a result.

Been in the teens for the past week. Yesterdays high was 32 today a whopping 52 :laugh:

Was 2 degrees here yesterday morning, and got up to about 23!
Made it to mid thirties toady!
Not supposed to be above freezing again until Sunday afternoon.

Back