I'm out of here !

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving.

The weather finally broke. Supposed to be sunny and 55 degrees today. I'm getting on the bike and I'm going somewhere. I don't even care where I end up.

:bounce:

Won't be many of these days left.

My whole body was trembling--adrenilen still flowing as arrived home. What did i do you ask----All i did was ride the mighty Busa for six miles--couldn't believe the front tire hovering about a sixteenth of an inch off the ground while whacking the gas on at 6k revs...or the roll at 70 in third...to near redline or the roll off roll on gas wheelie in first...all this at my local altitude of 5000' gutless [NOT]. WOO HOO!! :bowdown:

I am going to kill the local weather guys! I checked the weather last night before going to bed, and all I saw was rain for the next several days...I'm sitting here in my office looking at the sun shining in, and the weather's rather warm for Nov in VA, so I missed another beautiful day of riding...

Glad you got out stkr00! Hope you're having fun! :cool:

Mee too! off to watch the fellas at track day... 55degrees and rizin. :bounce:

Today was supposed to be sunny and in the 50s here, but I woke up to rain. It is supposed to remain until tomorrow and be clear on Wednesday, so hopefully a day or two of riding may still happen.

I am going to kill the local weather guys!  I checked the weather last night before going to bed, and all I saw was rain for the next several days...I'm sitting here in my office looking at the sun shining in, and the weather's rather warm for Nov in VA, so I missed another beautiful day of riding...

Glad you got out stkr00!  Hope you're having fun!  :cool:
Va.. buy yerself a window... And use it! :D

I can't take it anymore.  I'm leaving.

The weather finally broke.  Supposed to be sunny and 55 degrees today.  I'm getting on the bike and I'm going somewhere.  I don't even care where I end up.

:bounce:

Won't be many of these days left.
Graet ahve fun, send the weather east after you are done with it.

NE - I'm done with the weather. It's raining like h3ll here now.

Today's ride was pretty good. Put about 120 miles on. Took a trip down to see the Chevelle. Man, she looks lonely in the auto museum. Oops, gettin sentimental again...STOP.

Went out on a lot of backroads today, some twistie, some not, but all were light on traffic. I spent a lot of the day practicing gear selection for turns determining the whole gear/mph/rpm relationship thing. Played around exiting turn with a full roll-on from about 5-6K rpm. Still a little skeered to see it at redline, but I've seen about 9500rpm in second shifting to third. Surprisingly enough I don't think the front tire lifted all day...maybe I'm doing something wrong. The front got pretty damn light a few times though. If it weren't for the possibility of the police being around the corner, or over the next rise, I would definitely stay in it longer, but when you're pushing about 110 mph in second gear and the thought of that ticket crosses your mind, it takes all of the fun out of it. Well, not all of the fun :D

I'm looking forward to the day the front end will float up during a roll-on, but like I said, I'm still a little skeered because I don't know when to expect it. I've wheelied just about every other bike I've owned except for the H-D, but usually had to slip the clutch to do it. I don't want to do rolling burnouts, or wheel stands, so the clutch method is out. One of these days it will happen, and then I'll know what to expect.

Overall a good ride today with decent weather. Some good therapy.

Ride safe everyone,
Jim

I'm looking forward to the day the front end will float up during a roll-on, but like I said, I'm still a little skeered because I don't know when to expect it.  I've wheelied just about every other bike I've owned except for the H-D, but usually had to slip the clutch to do it.  I don't want to do rolling burnouts, or wheel stands, so the clutch method is out.  One of these days it will happen, and then I'll know what to expect.
And after it finally happens, you'll want to do it on every ride. Trust me. ;) I didn't really wheelie mine until after the Hindle install. A couple power wheelies where the front skimmed just off the ground but no real air. Just wasn't easy to do with my big ass holding it down. Now, with the Hindle's power increase and weight reduction she lofts effortlessly. I can't snap full throttle in first anymore. I have to roll on and feather, roll on and feather to keep her from just standing up. I'm basically dribbling the front tire like a basket ball through first and second on hard runs now. It's a friggin' rush! :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069138125 -->

I can't snap full throttle in first anymore. I have to roll on and feather, roll on and feather to keep her from just standing up.[/QUOTE]

I only snapped the throttle in first once, and the rear tire broke loose. It's amazing how fast you can let off the throttle :D

Most of my attempts have been in second gear doing a full roll-on from about 5K. I'm 5'7" / 175 lbs, so I don't think that's the problem. I do sit right up next to the tank though. It keeps me from reaching for the bars too much. I've felt the front get light when it hits around 8-9K, but then I'm going so fast, I'm not sure if I want the front tire off the ground.

With a stock busa, will it stand on end(vertical) from throttle alone? I've had that happen slipping the clutch on other bikes. As long as it's somewhat smooth coming up, then I'm okay with that.

I'll say it first, because I know what some of you are thinking. :D
"Grow some ball$"

One of these days...

BT - You know you can get a ticket for do stuff like that, right? ;)

I'll say it first, because I know what some of you are thinking. :D
    "Grow some ball$"

One of these days...
I won't tell you that because I'm just now starting to sprout a pair myself. I was terrified of anything more than a smooth power wheelie until after my first real air the other day. I'm still not sure about things until I've got 'er down solid again. The only real thing that worries me is gettin' a tank slapper from coming down with the front tire wrong. I'd prolly wheelie more and higher if it wasn't for my fear of that. So, ummm, I guess I ain't got the biggest set either. ;)

Back