Is this too cold to ride? :-)

SavoBusa

Registered
So, I decided (like I do every day) to go ahead and ride the Busa to work today here in sunny, warm (?) Florida! Here is what the Weather Channel said when I got to work:

(MAN I MUST LOVE RIDING THIS BIKE!!!) :thumbsup:

Weather 05FEB2009.JPG

Wow getting chilly in Jacksonville aint it.. It is 23 here today, will be 70 by Saturday tho.

ya but what will it be when you head home:poke:

It's -4 right now. I'd be riding too:beerchug:

I've ridden an hour at 28 once before...that's my current record. It's zero out right now...not ready yet to try that.

Its not too cold, as long as you can get your entire tire surface warm enough to be safe. I caged it today after a few miles of the back end going nutty on me.

I'm in Tally (west of Jacksonville). It was 18 at my house this AM. I leave at 5AM :(. If I didn't have a 45 minutes commute I would have rode. As it is I drove in the tin-top this AM. My gear (limited gear) just can't keep the cold out for that long.

I'm a fair weather rider, I will ride on a nice sunny day in the 50's but that's about as cold as I want to be.

I don't like the loss of traction that comes with cold tires and cold weather and it seems like when it's cold the cagers even notice you less because they don't expect you to be out there.

Now isn't this ironic, it's going to be 65 here today, and in the 70's tomorrow and Saturday. Come on up to sunny KC.:thumbsup::laugh:

Last edited:
Now isn't this ironic, it's going to be 65 here today, and in the 70's tomorrow and Saturday. Come on up to sunny KC.:thumbsup::laugh:
YOU sir, suck big bad rotten-bananas:poke:

as to the 28 deg riding...eh, I've done worse:whistle:
there's prolly pics somewhere 'round here to prove it:moon:
25 here today...13 with the w/c so I might wear socks with my sandals today:laugh:

I love riding, but when its that cold and the back wheel breaks loose when you pull the trigger in 3rd or 4th gear, its time to take her home! :whistle:

um.. screw that noise .... I've considered a ride sunday when the temps break 50+ but otherwise its not worth getting sick... I've riden in colder but when I was younger and got more rest :laugh:

So, I decided (like I do every day) to go ahead and ride the Busa to work today here in sunny, warm (?) Florida! Here is what the Weather Channel said when I got to work:

(MAN I MUST LOVE RIDING THIS BIKE!!!) :thumbsup:

Apparently not. Gear makes the difference, be safe.

Back