Seasonal Change

bronc3

Registered
I see some of you are posting about cold weather arriving already. Can't wait for it here, it's actually the beginning of our riding season. Makes it much more comfortable to gear-up for a good ride. Kinda fends off those pesky hurricanes as an added bonus. The drawback to this is increased traffic from the seasonal folks trying to escape the cold, predominantly from the northeast.
This is where the "Yankee effect" comes into play. The Yankee effect is what gives Florida it's seasonal change. When the weather turns cold up north, all the vehicles flocking to Florida create a vacuum, pulling some cool air down here with 'em, creating our cool season. When the weather warms up in the north, the vacuum created by all the vehicles headed north pulls the cool air back up there, giving us our warm season.

I don't envy you Florida riders, particularly when everybody migrates down there for the winter. I've only been to Florida a few times on business, but I have to say you guys have the scariest drivers of any state I've been to.

I hear you about cooler weather getting here. My biggest fear up here in Illinois (or the Great Frozen North to you Floridians) is that it's going to jump straight from summer to winter. We're 12-13 degrees above average and have been for around 3 weeks now.

I don't envy you Florida riders, particularly when everybody migrates down there for the winter. I've only been to Florida a few times on business, but I have to say you guys have the scariest drivers of any state I've been to.
And I thought it was just me.........
I think the funniest and simultaneously scariest thing I've ever seen has to be 2 drivers I saw in a parking lot in Florida. They were parked in stalls directly opposite each other. I was driving slowly and stopped when I saw back-up lights come on in both cars. Both were those big Caddy boats that the elderly seem to favor, and sure enough, were piloted by old women. They both slowly backed up until their bumpers hit, then kept trying to go. It looked like one of those monster truck push-offs as they kept trying to back up, each oblivious to the fact that they had hit each other. Eventually after one of them spun her tires, she pulled forward into the parking space. The other one backed all the way out and drove off like nothing had ever happened.

My coworker and I were laughing so hard I'm surprised one of us didn't get an aneurism!
laugh.gif

currently...we are rigging our border with spikestrips that activate without a FL tag on the car.
tounge.gif

we will soon offer virtual vacations via the web....just send us the money you would have spent...and we send you a video tape of us enjoying the sun/sand/surf that you can't have!
cool.gif

Florida AKA God's waiting room .... AKA home of the newly wed and nearly dead!

All I know is I'm not a fan of cold winters which is probably why I have spent so much time in the desert.

winter sucks but love fall. its some of the best times around here. winter slows riding down but i always roll up garrage door push the front of the bike almost to the snow and set there for hours on it making motorcycle noises.
laugh.gif

I see some of you are posting about cold weather arriving already. Can't wait for it here, it's actually the beginning of our riding season. Makes it much more comfortable to gear-up for a good ride. Kinda fends off those pesky hurricanes as an added bonus. The drawback to this is increased traffic from the seasonal folks trying to escape the cold, predominantly from the northeast.
This is where the "Yankee effect" comes into play. The Yankee effect is what gives Florida it's seasonal change. When the weather turns cold up north, all the vehicles flocking to Florida create a vacuum, pulling some cool air down here with 'em, creating our cool season. When the weather warms up in the north, the vacuum created by all the vehicles headed north pulls the cool air back up there, giving us our warm season.
I was in Cleveland over the weekend, they are already having weather similar to our winter.

I'm glad I live here.

I love the fall in north Georgia. This is the first fall with the Busa, lookin foward to it, guess my deer hunting time will be cut short this year, now its the Busa that I think about ALL the time. LETS GO RIDE
biggrin.gif
:)

FALL IS THE BEST IN MASS. NICE AND COOL, BUT AS FAR AS WINTER GOES, SHEER MISERY FOR ME. I SNOWBOARD ALOT BUT I NEVER FORGET THAT I HAVE THIS GREAT LOOKING BIKE THAT I CAN'T RIDE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

It is the beginning of what I call THE KILLING SEASON! With the way oil is effecting the economy and will certainly put the hammer to food prices, I am thankful to be able to harvest some meat. I like it around 5 deg. f. but not bein on the Busa sure will suck. I'd go insane without the extreme season changes.

Killing season coming up here as well, just not as cold. Hunting down here is lousy if you don't have the cash to own/ lease a chunk of land, but it is pretty cool hunting the marshes with an airboat.

Back