Back from "the hunt"...white-tail..score..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
It was a tough hunt in alabama this year...mainly because Barbour County came out with a "3 Points 0n One Side Minimum On All Antlered Deer" uhem...."requirement"...2 seasons ago...and turned what used to be a thriving deer hunt'in town into somewhat of a hunters ghost town...many local restaurants had closed down and those businesses that were still open were devoid of what used to be thousands of visiting non-resident hunters...as a result?..because the hunters abandoned this county?...the deer migrated from their natural homes in the depths of the hardwood bottoms and up onto the farmers fields...in search of the food sources the many hunters used to provide in their natural habitat via well maintained food plots, corn feeders, mineral blocks and salt licks...and are now killed by the scores and left to lay via farmers nusance and devastated crops...and all over greed...in an attempt by the city fathers to turn barbour county into a "Trophy Buck Town"....in an attempt to elevate land lease fees...and for the past two years my father and i watched "Their Plan" fail miserably...for all...fortunately for me?...i harvested this old feeble buck who had lost one antler in a fight on the outskirts of russel county...where there is no "3 Point Rule"....as a matter of fact?...Barbour County is the only county out of 62 counties in the state of alabama that has claimed such a rule..and out of 8 well seasoned, highly experienced club hunting members?...only two deer were taken off our 1,100 acres...one 65lb doe and my one antlered beat up 175lb buck...

a pic of me (taken by my father off my cell phone) with my knee covering most of the deers body mass...

BIGBUCK06ME.jpg

a pic of my dad with it (taken by me) shows a bit more of the bucks body size...

BIGBUCK06DAD.jpg

my dad also informed me that this is his last year of hunting...he'll be 70 years old next month...says the cold weather is more than his old florida bones can endure anymore...i'll be looking for lease land in the south georgia area next season...time to get my daughters started hunt'in...and they've been begging me.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
Nice one Bill. I have yet to pull the trigger. My son did get a doe opening afternoon. 257 yard shot and not a step taken after the shot. Maybe we will get to hunt more now that they are out of the playoffs.

K_DOE_06.jpg

By the way the dog in the picture is the landowners and she is waiting for her post hunt treat.

glad you got something for your troubles...besides, beat up old bucks still taste better than thin air
biggrin.gif

Back