cold day riding

yeah you guyz in the south can suck me
wink.gif
Iowa to AZ?

That must be quite the enlongated willie!
yeah my bobo can stretch for miles like something from the x-filez!!
muscle.gif

laugh.gif
That sounds like a song by the "Bloodhound Gang".
laugh.gif
its actually a line from a song by ICP (insane clown posse)
biggrin.gif
I should have known that!
mad.gif

But hey, I was close!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Last year the coldest day I rode was 9 degrees. Tonight its supposed to be only 26. Anyway I have a full Widder set up , Vest, gloves, and Arm chaps. Its like riding wrapped in a electric blanket. I also wear a pair of Gericke overland pants. Together it keeps me nice and toasty.

around 7 yrs ago I rode across stevens pass east to west late fall, it was about 68 degs when I left wenatchee WA. so all I was wearing was a jacket, it was 28 degrees atop the pass and about 38 in seattle, my hands were so cold it was difficult to maintain a constant speed. I was dumb and dumber trying to get off the bike. 80 miles of pure torture.

darn...I hate being a
newbie.gif

I'm afraid what you're telling me is the I should have opted for the $69 temp control switch? I bought the on/off switch because I wasn't sure I was going to need the temp control. (well, that and I had to pay retail $$ because we don't carry Gerbing's where I work)

But...they'll get that hot that they will burn my hands? You're scarin' me dude. lol I guess I can just turn them off...cool down...and start over? Thanks for telling me this. Scarin' me here but thanks.
eek2.gif

Kris
busababe,

I gotta stop scaring you. First the clear lenses, now this.
sad.gif

The on/off switch works fine. They take a little bit to heat up, so it's not like turning on a gas stove and sticking your hand in the fire. It's more like...exactly like...a heating pad. You've got plenty of time to find and operate the switch.

I'm sorry Kris.
bowdown.gif

AND...You're NOT a newbie!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070381162 -->

Yes know full well what cold weather riding is like, unfortunately !!! Have ridden a few times below the freezing mark :blush:

I'm in Florida, but the only days I don't drive a motorcycle to work (10 miles one way) is when it is pouring down rain (when I want to LEAVE the house).

In Chicago......I rode until November 30. My insurance takes a breather for 90 days until March 1st (its cheaper that way and I will not ride in January in Chicago (or feb!!) I rode in 36 degree weather and was fine with lots of layers. The only thing cold was my hands. Perhaps these heated gloves will work nicely come March.

I will start up the busa at least once a week to keep her good and keep the battery tender on the battery when it really gets cold.

I don't mind the cold. I have a Gerbings heated liner. I have been in 25 degree weather in Montana, in June, and I was toasty. I also use eurotex waterproof hotliner thermocontrol gloves. These aren't electric. You just put the hothands warmers in the glove inserts and they are the warmest gloves I've ever used, including electric gloves. The rain and snow is where I draw the line.

When it gets REALLY COLD ouside I like to use our Chevy Tahoe with the electric heated leather seats.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back