cold day riding

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
well I haven't ridden in a couple weeks and it was relatively nice out today (45F) so I went out for a ride....

I never knew how fun blowing by cars doing twice their speed and weaving in and out of traffic...I was fairly warm...well worth the ride!! I've ridden in 25 degree weather and thats about my limit...damn cold then even with leathers.

so how cold of weather do you guys ride in?

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070155927 -->

I ride when it's nipple-B-freezing!

In AZ thats below 60F!
biggrin.gif

yeah you guyz in the south can suck me
wink.gif

I was out too! Wouldn't a missed it. Discovered ol bessy really LOVES the cold air.... kept popping up the front tire.
And looks like I'll be out tomorrow too:
2 PM Sunny / Wind 51° From the West Northwest at 22 mph
Today I docovered how the busa blows in a cross wind while popping up.... a little landing quiver and then back to strait line. What fun.

I've ridden when it was 24 degrees. It sucked!

I wear a Heine Gericke two piece suit that's insulated and has foam armor (cheezy), a fleece neck warmer, and Gerning electric gloves. That was on the Harley though. I've done the same on the busa without the electric gloves, down to about 30 degrees. My hands were numb and hurting at the same time.

I usually try to ride until there is ice or salt on the raods, and then they all get put away until spring. Usually after the first couple of rains to get rid of the salt.

Maybe I was just at that "in between" stage.

That's the time to stop and get a cup of coffee.
biggrin.gif

I got up this morning and put 60 miles on my R1 in 45F weather. I was well bundles but don't think I would try a much cooler ride. Luckily in Florida there is no shortage of 60F+ days throughout the winter.

Lance

Yeah I was out Yesterday for about an hour. Temp was about 55-60 degree's windchill brought it down to about 40deg. Then of course you go whistling along at 80 it gets much colder. Suddenly my full perf leathers are demonstrating their shortcomings. I'm not really complaining though, no ice or snow to be seen and Thanksgiving day I too a couple of hours in the high 70's to go out and play. Spent the rest of the weekend over in Melbourne, so no riding for me.

I'll ride until there's snow on the road, probably 38 degrees or so is my cut off and the sun has to be out when it's that cold.  

I just ordered Gerbing's elec. gloves, they should be in soon.  I always thought of elec. clothes for cruiser types but my hands are the first to go, hopefully this'll keep them warm!  

I get very cranky if I haven't been able to ride so I'll usually push the temp even if it's just for an hour.    
tounge.gif

I'll ride until there's snow on the road, probably 38 degrees or so is my cut off and the sun has to be out when it's that cold.

I just ordered Gerbing's elec. gloves, they should be in soon. I always thought of elec. clothes for cruiser types but my hands are the first to go, hopefully this'll keep them warm!

I get very cranky if I haven't been able to ride so I'll usually push the temp even if it's just for an hour.
tounge.gif
busababe813:

The Gerbing gloves will not only keep your hands warm, they will also burn you if you don't switch them off. This I know from experience. Just keep the rocker switch handy and you'll have no problems. They're easy to control...I only burned myself the first time I used them because I didn't know any better. It was about 35 degrees that day too, so, YES they get hot.

Gerbing has a thermostat you can use that controls the on/off cycle time, but not the temp. I just use the rocker switch for mine.

You'll love the gloves.
biggrin.gif

Jim

anything under 50 is a challenge, cause u gotta factor the wind chill in there somewhere... 50 degrees and 150 mph wind chill ... maybe 30 degree F. ? ? ?  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070259928 -->

The Gerbing gloves will not only keep your hands warm, they will also burn you if you don't switch them off.  This I know from experience.  Just keep the rocker switch handy and you'll have no problems.  They're easy to control...I only burned myself the first time I used them because I didn't know any better.  It was about 35 degrees that day too, so, YES they get hot.

Gerbing has a thermostat you can use that controls the on/off cycle time, but not the temp.  I just use the rocker switch for mine.

You'll love the gloves.
biggrin.gif

Jim

darn...I hate being a  
newbie.gif

I'm afraid what you're telling me is the I should have opted for the $69 temp control switch?  I bought the on/off switch because I wasn't sure I was going to need the temp control.  (well, that and I had to pay retail  $$ because we don't carry Gerbing's where I work)

But...they'll get that hot that they will burn my hands?  You're scarin' me dude.  lol  I guess I can just turn them off...cool down...and start over?  Thanks for telling me this.  Scarin' me here but thanks.    
eek2.gif

Kris

Back