Mirror mod...

looks fuggin Bad-azz BG!!! and and mad props to Brendan for the work-i think that fab. job is really good- If i still had my mirrors on the bike, I'd ask ya for a hook-up...but I run w/o so kinda pointless for me:p

Fantastic looking setup. Lots of attn: to detail and it paid off, very nice looking.

looks fuggin Bad-azz BG!!! and and mad props to Brendan for the work-i think that fab. job is really good- If i still had my mirrors on the bike, I'd ask ya for a hook-up...but I run w/o so kinda pointless for me:p
Thanks, Scott.

Funny thing about this mod... I was so pissed off about breaking that pin and not being able to use the Acumen, that I was actually looking at getting new mirrors and then having Brendan paint the new ones - and Brendan was cool with that, being the kind of guy he is. But now that I have the Acumen setup I'm diggin' it!

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155163754 -->

Ok guys,here is a little bit more detail on how I did it....
I created the plastic Acumen bracket on the cad system,then lasered out the pcs this is kinda the 'kit' needed....
DSC00313.jpg

Here is how the acumen sits in the bracket before being glued in..
DSC00318.jpg

And here is how it is mounted into the mirror...
DSC00321.jpg

The reason I wanted to use the bracket to hold the Acumen,is because I did not at all want to glue/adhere the Acumen at all to the mirror glass.
Enought vibration and wheelies,and for sure it could come loose.
This way it cant....

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155168679 -->

Any pointers or links on how to remove the glass in the first place? Wanted to try an idea with signals in the mirror glasses / as well perhaps as brake lights.

Need to grab some old units to maul but any advise on procedures for disassembly without trashing the glass would be most welcome

GREAT JOB GUYS!!! Looks Awesome!! I hear they need help on the next space shuttle! I have no idea how some of you guys think of these things and then fabricate them to boot!! VERY VERY GOOD!!
smile.gif

I lay the whole mirror on a sheet of tinfoil and pop it ina a toaster oven.
I pre-heat it about 275-300 for 10 minutes first.
Then I put it in for approx. 3-4 minutes.
Use a hot mit to pull it out and then I use a very thin steak knife and pop the glass out not starting at one of the corners,but more towards the middle or long part of the glass...

Hth's

you need to put it back in the oven to put the glass back in to...

Excellent advice cheers Brendan. I'd been considering a hot air device to heat the plastic without direct flame.

The painted items look superb btw.

Back