Military members, how many of us are there

4 yrs in AF 91 to 95. Civil Engineering

Supposed to deploy twice, but got lucky both times! Definitely glad i am out now.

Thanks 4 your service 2 our country.Im not in military but have relative at ft.CARSON RIGHT NOW over colorado springs he is going over 20 days going to be going somewere called taj i think he operates weapons on a bradly.i drove out there daughter lives on base there im going to post some pics i took of old army tanks + vehicals this weekend they have a tank muesum there.I hope to be getting some digital pics to post from iraq if he has time and acsess to a computer

Retired USAF, 20 years and 8 days ... great memories!!

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131643821 -->

Corporal, U.S.M.C. Served 4 years active duty, 1985-1989, 3+ of those years with 1st Marine Air Wing, Marine Wing Communications Squadron 18, MUX Platoon, Detachment Alpha, Camp Foster, Okinawa.

<!--EDIT|E4G67
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131837648 -->

Lt – USAF

Communicate & Dominate!

dscsartwork.jpg

To all  the Vets on this board, active or not. Have a great Veterans day. You have earned it and I have a huge amount of respect for you all.

LTC/Army (ret)

David Smith

beerchug.gif

And on a lighter note.............
smileyexhibit.gif

USAF (E-4) Jun 90 - Jul 99 - was a computer operator (491x1/3COx1) and just joined the government as a civil service GS-12 back in Feb 05. I servered 6 months in the Desert back in 95, 3 years in Okinawa, Japan & a year in Osan, South Korea besides a couple of stateside tours.

To all who have/are serving... SALUTE!!!!
smile.gif

I left the Air Force as an E-4 Sgt, Active Duty January 6th 1984-January 5th 1990

Began training as a Russian Linguist, after 11 months of Russian School I changed AFSCs and worked in CE at Barksdale AFB LA. Spent a year in the 554th Red Horse in Osan South Korea, part of that time was spent at Kadena AFB in Okinawa. Returned to the States in May of 1988 to the 823rd Red Horse at Hurlburt Field Florida.
I used to always think that my service was not as important as those that served during wartime, but I have come to realize that without those of us that served during the Cold War era, Communism in Eastern Europe would likely have taken longer to fail. In addition you never knew from day to day whether or not the Soviets would be getting trigger happy that day. I didn't fight in a war with a gun (although I did go some places that required me to carry one) but I served a purpose. I only wish I would have spent more of my time sober.

Aim High

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: "wrong dates"|1131920420 -->

Army 5+ yrs.

Ft. Carson, CO
Vicenza, Italy
Ft. Irwin, CA

Army Natonal Guard just under 3yrs (All adds up to 8yrs)
Shreveport, LA
Daytona Beach, FL

GSXTacy, I just missed out on Nam, spent most of my time in the Carribean. Virginia Beach, Va., Gitmo, Rosy Rds, MCB 1, out of Gulfport. Rough job but somebody had to do it. Finished up as a CE3. Say hello to your dad, we covered some of the same ground. Hope everybody had a good Veteran's Day. I spent it helping move my sister. Played with nephew and had a ball. Thanks Vets.

USAF (E-4) Jun 90 - Jul 99 - was a computer operator (491x1/3COx1) and just joined the government as a civil service GS-12 back in Feb 05. I servered 6 months in the Desert back in 95, 3 years in Okinawa, Japan & a year in Osan, South Korea besides a couple of stateside tours.

To all who have/are serving... SALUTE!!!!
smile.gif
I was a 306x1 who fixed the comm system equipment you operated.
smile.gif

I worked fixed-comm and tactical mobile-comm in the 3rd combat comm at Tinker AFB.

smile.gif

Hon Dischaged E-6 (SSG) in U.S. Army, currently living in Copperas Cove, TX as an Army Contracter foward deployed at the moment in Talil Air Base, Iraq. Coming home Soon!!!!

Back